Moisturizing your hair under a sew-in

ebonyhair

I recently put in a sew-in and I keep hearing how important it is to moisturize my real hair. How do you ladies moisturize your real hair under a sew in weave and what are you using to moisturize that wont make the weave greasy?

Stepiphanie

Water and glycerin spray mix. I use 3 to 1 ratio. I also add some conditioner and either olive oil or amla oil, if you just spray the braids it usually doesn't get greasy. HTH

Adaoba2012

I basically do the same thing. I dilute some condish with water in a spray bottle and spray the braids underneath. I alternate that between an applicator bottle filled with my favorite moisturizer and some oil and just go between the braids and apply to my scalp...HTH!

PPGbubbles

I dilute Aphogee provitamin leave in and spritz nightly I dilute it 1 part leave in to 4 parts water to avoid build up. Also Every 3 days or so I us a light oil and apply with a color applicator bottle.

I work out 3-4 time a week so I rinse/ wash weekly so that why I oil often to combat dryness. But my hair is never greasy and when I remove my sew in my hair is always soft and I dont experience breakage

LovelyRo

S-Curl, CFCG or a homemade mixture (Aloe Vera Gel, water, glycerin, diluted conditioner, etc).

I try to stick with sprays... they are much easier to apply to my hair.

justnotsure

I use the Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner. I put it in a spray bottle and use it a few times a week. I have not had a problem with greasy hair.

supermodelsonya

S-curl is my favorite. I don't use it everyday but enough. If my hair gets greasy...and it will after a few days, I just wash it and keep it moving.

I learned that my scalp loves me more when I moisturize underneath.