Molasses for Hair?

Aireen

So I have some molasses in my cupboard and since I love mixing, I'd like to try it on my hair but I'm at a COMPLETE loss. All I know is that it's beneficial to hair since it stops breakage and can darken hair, so can someone provide me with some general information? For example:

- How does it stop breakage?
- Does it give the hair elasticity or strength?
- Can it be used on hair that has protein overload?
- Do you use it as a final deep condition or pre-poo?

Thanks in advance. :grin:

bibirockz

I'm not an expert on this yet so I'll be bumping for you.
But as far as using it on hair that has protein overload, I think you need a really good moisturizing DC and lay off on anything that has protein for now. HTH

Aireen

I'm not an expert on this yet so I'll be bumping for you.
But as far as using it on hair that has protein overload, I think you need a really good moisturizing DC and lay off on anything that has protein for now. HTH

Thank you. :)

Mrs. Verde

Molasses is similar to honey. It is a humectant which is good for the hair. Most people mix molasses/honey into a DC.

bibs

I used molasses in that "caramel" DC mix that's floating around here. It has ACV, banana, honey, molasses and some other stuff. If you try this just make sure you blend the bananas or use banana baby food because seeds in your hair is no joke.

bibirockz

OP you're welcome. You can also check out this old thread if you haven't already http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ew-discussion/327067-blackstrap-molasses.html

I used molasses in that "caramel" DC mix that's floating around here. It has ACV, banana, honey, molasses and some other stuff. If you try this just make sure you blend the bananas or use banana baby food because seeds in your hair is no joke.

@BiaM How did it come out? I'm transitioning and I wanted to do that for new years.

Aireen

Thanks! :D How did it turn out? :eek: Was your hair moisturized? I'm looking for tons of moisture right now since I kind of overloaded on the protein and I want to balance my hair out before winter hits.

OP you're welcome. You can also check out this old thread if you haven't already http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ew-discussion/327067-blackstrap-molasses.html

@BiaM How did it come out? I'm transitioning and I wanted to do that for new years.

Thanks so much for the thread, it's been kinda hard searching, at least for me without the Google engine we had.