More Accuarate Progress Pics?

SimpleKomplexity

I'm doing my progress pics over :nono: I'm starting over. I think APL looks too short on me, so then I started wondering is my head up too high. When I took my new progress pics I put my phone (a BlackJack II) under my chin.

It's about 3 inches tall I'm guessing.) ..that makes my hair look waaaay shorter in length, but it looks more accurate to me. Then I know that my hair is growing because my head will be in the same position in every pic. ....It's gonna be a long time til I get to APL now though...... I'm basically back at my starting pic again with my head lowered, even though how I've been taking pics, it looked like I was 1 inch away from APL

Yall think it's a good idea to put something under your chin each time to know that you are in the same position for each progress pic and show accurate results?

Junebug D

I can't vouch for that (sounds like a good idea to me though?:ohwell:), but I hope more people will chime in with tips for getting good progress pictures. I'm gonna be taking some over the weekend and I want them to be easy to replicate in the future.

SimpleKomplexity

Thanx for postin!! :) yeah it sounds like a good idea to me...but it hurts to let go of my old progress pics and start ova :( lol but it'll be fun

truequeen06

You can get some measuring tape (like the ones tailors use) and hold the beginning of it at your edges up in front and have it go all the way back to your ends and take a picture that way.

That way either way you hold your head, the inches you've gained will always be accurate via the ruler.

However if you just want to see if you're apl or bsl or whatever, that doesn't work so much.

unalteredone

that is a good idea, i always try to make sure that i'm looking perfectly straight ahead and that my chin is level before i take a pic, but i worry about accuracy too.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i understand this concept but im not such a stickler for measuring hair anymore. due to so many factors "NG, levels of straightness,angles,lighting,measuring shirt/tape/bodypart not in the exact same place(things can shift) etc i dont think there can ever be accurate comparisons. just as long as there is noticeable growth and retention it will show progress.