Progress!!!!!!! Progress pics inside

brebre928

Hi ladies

I just came in here to share my progress. Last year I had a major set back,
see this link for the full story: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=695143&highlight=brebre928

Anyways here are a few pics of my progress #LongHairCareForumTaughtMe :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1. The first picture is from April 2013
  2. The second pic is from April 2014 (ignore the frizzy hair :look:)
  3. Progress Pic from my big chop in 2012 to now 2014
  4. The last pic is how long the back of my hair is...what length is that? APL??? Or close to it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-13-14-33-05-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-14-33-05-1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20140405_150233_378.jpg
    IMG_20140405_150233_378.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20140607_091436.jpg
    IMG_20140607_091436.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20140405_121744_320.jpg
    IMG_20140405_121744_320.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 385

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Nice retention lady! Your hair grows fast. Looks like you are closing in on APL in the back. Maybe an inch and a half away. You're not stretching your hair and it looks a bit poofy, so you may be closer than that.

AnjelLuvs

Looking lovely... Great progrss.. te end isnt near and it looks like you will out grow other years by a couple of inches...

brebre928

Ah-mazing! Congrats, what was your regimen, any supplements? TIA

Thank you ImFrotastic .

I really don't do much

I wash every 7 days or 8 or 9....lol

Shampoo w/ Elast QP
or
Co Wash with Pantene Pro V Co Wash

DC w/ Neutrogena Deep Conditioner (i recently tried DCing with 1/4 Cup Honey and 1/4 cup Oliv Oil and that was great too)

Leave In (depends on what I have lying around. I was using Beautiful Textures leave in but I've run out and am now using Infusium 23)

I style with Cantu Shea Butter Cream or (when I have it) Shea Mositure Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie (the one with the pink label) & Olive Oil.

I just mainly do two strand twist and throw on a wig, or pin the twist up in a style.

No supplements although I should start taking a Multi Vitamin :)

brebre928

Thanks ladies :) This has been an interesting journey..so many set backs but I'm determined to get to BSL.

Happy Hair Growing :)

Adiatasha

So the spot grew back!!!!!!!
What products did you use?
Is it the same length as the rest of your hair?
Did you cut your hair to match the spot?

brebre928

So the spot grew back!!!!!!!
What products did you use?
Is it the same length as the rest of your hair?
Did you cut your hair to match the spot?

Adiatasha

Yes it grew back

I Just used my normal products (Elasta QP shampoo, neutrogena DC and whatever leave in I had at the time)

No it's not the same length of the rest of my hair, it grew back from scratch lol, so now I have a twa in that area, It's long enough now to add into twist but its still really short if I just twist it by itself, that's why I've been either wearing wigs or pinning my twist up to hide that area.

No I did not cut my hair to match that area

see pics (forgive me if they are BIG I didn't know how to resize them)

July 2013:

Today 2014:

Last edited:

Gr8ness83

@Pennefeather no secret lol, I just do a lot of protective styling...mainly twist. Right now it's twisted and I'm wearing a wig. I started my own little challenge called "100 Days of protective styling" :grin:

You have some great growth and retention! I have started my own mini challenges. I absolutely love hair and I would love to be able to do different styles but I have to pull my hair back 100% of the time for my job so I can't do the havana twists, marley twists, big hair styles. I am Federal Police so our uniform and hair regulations mirror the military's. Anyway I challenged myself to keep my braids in from January until April originally however did even better and kept them in until May.... I am about to challenge myself to keep the loc extensions that I am about to install in my hair until my birthday in Dec.....

yynot

Way to grow!!! Great progress, I feel proud for you! Set backs are tough, but you did it girlie!

brebre928

You have some great growth and retention! I have started my own mini challenges. I absolutely love hair and I would love to be able to do different styles but I have to pull my hair back 100% of the time for my job so I can't do the havana twists, marley twists, big hair styles. I am Federal Police so our uniform and hair regulations mirror the military's. Anyway I challenged myself to keep my braids in from January until April originally however did even better and kept them in until May.... I am about to challenge myself to keep the loc extensions that I am about to install in my hair until my birthday in Dec.....

Awesome!!!! :)