*more* Kenra & Giovanni Review (long)

candibaby

My hair is type 3c/4a relaxed and is semi-permanently colored.

Okay.. first off let me say that I completely and totally agree with Jainygirl's review of Kenra MC and Daily Provision.. they are bomb! I've decided to make MC my Humectress back-up, I may even buy Daily Provision when I run out of Headress. But since she already did those two, I wont. No need in a big ol repeat! Let's start with Giovanni..

**Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo**
I had a sample of this so I decided to use it because I remembered reading that some ladies here clarify with it.. and i did need a good clarifying. It smells really good, and it made my scalp feel fresh, but UGHH it stripped my hair so bad, I hated the way it felt when I rinsed it out. I think i'd be better off adding peppermint and tea tree oils to my shampoo to get the tingling and smell.. I had to do a second wash with my beloved Therappe to get some slippage going on. I wont use this stuff again!
Rating: 0.5 out of 5. (and it only got that because of the smell!)

**Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner**
I got this as a sample too.. I didnt have enough to cover my entire head so that sucked, but again, it had a good smell. It left my scalp tingling when I rinsed it out.. and let me tell you, my scalp STAYED tingling for a long time. It wasnt until my hair dryed that the feeling went away. It's not moisturizing though, so if I did decide to buy it, I'd never be able to use it by itself. (i deep conditioned with Kenra MC after rinsing it out)
Rating: 2 out of 5

**Kenra Straightening Serum**
After spraying my wet hair with Kenra Daily Provision, I let it dry a little, then applied the serum in sections before rolling my hair (i set it on perm rods for a strawset look). I can't actually speak for if my hair was straight when it dried, but my curls DO look longer than they did when I did this a couple weeks ago so it might have helped it stretch a little. My hair is soft, moisturized, shiny, and frizz free.
Rating: 4 out of 5.

All in all I had a good experience, minus the Giovanni Shampoo. My Kenra experience was nothing but pleasant. HTH!

Bunny77

I really like the Giovanni Direct leave-in! It makes my hair sooo soft. You might want to give that a try as well.

jainygirl

Thanks for the info on the Straigtening Serum Candi
that sounds like something i wouldnt mind trying myself. right now im using Got2B So Smooth to smooth out my hair ..but i was wanting to try something else
-- jainygirl

Tene

I really didn't see where kenra was any better than my beloved nexxus humectress. Maybe I need to try it again. I love the tea tree triple treat shampoo, it doesn't strip my hair.

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
Bunny77 said:
I really like the Giovanni Direct leave-in! It makes my hair sooo soft. You might want to give that a try as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i asked for a sample of it but they never replied