Motions Oil Reg to Mizani?

frizzeegurl

Hello Ladies,

I am a lurker that has surfaced...I have a question about Motions Oil relaxer (tried mild then regular--super is not an option).I was natural (in braids and neglected but I will get in to that later) and gave myself a virgin relaxer with this. It took ok---no breakage and my hair is very moisturized. For the first time in my life my hair did not turn hard and resemble an old brillo bad. No lye perms dried my hair out like the mojave desert. I love the way my hair looks (shiny and healthy) BUT....I hate the texlaxed business. I want straight sleek hair or at least smoother roller sets (currently done with Motions foam--but I am may switch to NTM Leave In) My sets look like bear fur with a slight curl. I am sold on the lye formula, so any ladies have some thoughts on a switch to Mizani ( I am not due for a relaxer until the first of May)

My hair type is coarse 4.5 BB, the very coarse end of the 4 type

Welcome to the boards!

I have used both Motions and Mizani, and I would have to say that Mizani is way better... BUT, both left me underprocessed. With Motions, thought, I think it was the relaxer's fault. Mizani, I'm starting to think it was my fault because it only happened one time (out of the 4 touchups I did). I have very thick, hard to relax 4a/b hair and I used Mizani Super.

I may give Mizani a whirl when it is time to tame the do! I love your hair, you are definitely doing something right...it is beautiful!

Thanks for the reply!

I've never used a Motions relaxer, but I've been using Mizani Rhelaxer for Fine/Color Treated hair (even though my hair is neither fine nor color treated) for years. I have coarse 4a/4b hair.

I have switched from Motions oil to Mizani. I switched because the Motions stopped taking. I have had no trouble with Mizani.

I use Mizani mild lye relaxer on my fine hair. I love it because it does leave my hair with some texture so I'm able to wear my hair straight without the fear of humidity puffing it up or I can wear it curly.

frizzeegurl said:
Thank you ladies for all of your feedback. Is Mizani for fine/color treated hair a lye relaxer?

I honestly can't remember whether or not it's a lye relaxer. I read the label a while ago and I forgot. I'll have to check again. I've actually never paid attention to lye vs. no lye, so when I read the label on my relaxer I pretty much forgot right away.

elizabeth said:
I honestly can't remember whether or not it's a lye relaxer. I read the label a while ago and I forgot. I'll have to check again. I've actually never paid attention to lye vs. no lye, so when I read the label on my relaxer I pretty much forgot right away.

The one for fine/color-treated is lye. The only no-lye is the sensative scalp formula. :)

Back