Motions Regular Lye VS Motions w/ Oil Lye

Kamilla16

Which one gives the best results on type 4a hair? If you use Motions which one would you recommend? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I am on week 8 since my last relaxer with Soft & Beautiful No-Lye. I am really considering Lye, because my hair in the past has been so dry. I mean when I look at pictures from 2 years ago when a was 12-13 years old my hair is the same length as it is now. Hopefully by switching to Lye it will help with that breakage /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Also if you don't use Motions, what Lye relaxer do YOU recommend???

Thanks Ladies /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlkMane

Hi, Kamilla! I use Motions Oil Relaxer in Mild because
my hair straightens very easily.

I've never tried the Motions Regular (or Mild) Lye, but
I would guess that the Motions w/ Oil is MUCH more
moisturizing for your hair.

If I were you, I would definitely try the Motions w/ Oil
in Regular (if that is the strength you are used to).

If you don't like it, then for your next relaxer you could switch to the Regular Lye which, according to some posters on this
board, is stronger than the "Oil" version.

beana3

i'm type 4a mostly and I had major problems with the oil version. One word, UNDERPROCESSED! This can cause lots of damage and may lead to breakage itself. I used motions mild lye w/o the oil and it straightened well. I've also used motins in reg strength, but found it was a bit too strong, but nothing crazy. HTH

SweetNic_JA

Kamilla,
I had the same problem as beana. I have 4a/4b hair and my hair comes out underprocessed or looks like it reverts whenever I use motions oil moisturizer relaxer. I have tried the mild as well as the regular. I plan on switching to Affirm's mild lye for my next touch-up.

good luck with which ever you choose. Keep in mind that even though each person's hair reacts differently to a product, it's more likely that people with similar hair types will have similar reactions. There are other who praise motions but their hair usually falls in different categories.

free2bme

I have 4b hair and I love Motions oil in mild. My hair is fine and most other relaxers rob my hair of body once relaxed. Motions is the only one that straightens my hair with ease, doesn't rob me me of body and moisture and most of all doesn't burn my scalp at all. I've been using it since Aug 02, I've touched my hair up about 4 in a row with it, not one complaints yet. For me affirm is a distant second. I have burned a few times with affirm.

All in all you know your hair if u truely have coarse thick hair use the right formulation. If u truely have coarse resistant hair motions may not be the best relaxer for you. My friend who has coarse thick hair uses the motions oil in super b/c she likes that motions is gentle on her scalp.

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I've been using it since Aug 02, I've touched my hair up about 4 in a row with it

[/ QUOTE ]

F2B are u relaxing every 4 weeks?