MSM ... and Bad Aftertaste???

Justice4alw

Are any of you ladies who use MSM experiencing a consistent bad aftertaste? I worry that my breath may be affected but everyone swears "no". It just tastes "nasty" like when you first wake up in the morning or when you eat garlic. It also feels as if the bad taste is coming up from my tummy.

I hope that I'm making myself clear. It's sort of difficult to explain.

Justice4alw

Hi, Allandra!

I've been taking it for approximately two or three weeks now. I wonder if the dosage has anything to do with it. I'm taking 1000 mg in addition to the 500 mg that my GNC Ultra Nourishair contains.

Allandra

I'm using the powder form of msm. I take 1,000 to 4,000 mg a day. The only side effect I experienced from msm (for the first few days) was that crazy nagging headache. Is it upsetting your tummy in any way? I can't think of anything else. I'm sure some of the other members will chime in on this post.

Armyqt

I take Trimedica MSM powder @ about 2000-4000 mg daily. I have not experienced any after tastes or other negative side effects. Which brand are you taking?

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Justice4alw said:
Armyqt, I'm taking the GNC brand in capsule form.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is really weird. I thought you were taking some sort of powder form. I can see a possible aftertaste with a powdered form, but not at all from a tablet.
I don't get it. If it becomes too much for you to bear, I would try switching to another brand.

Justice4alw

ArmyQT, yes! That's what I thought!!! ... WEIRD!!! And now I'm finding it even more weird that I'm the only one having this problem.

It's hard for me to explain. It's like I can "smell" the aftertaste too. That's why I think that it's coming up from my tummy. I can also "smell" it in my clothes and in the bed linens too. I keep asking my husband if he can smell it, and he swears that he can't. But I know what I taste and what I "smell".

Armyqt

Don't give up just yet. Maybe some others who also take this brand will be able to give you some feedback on this.

Crystal

Hi Justice,
I also take the GNC brand 1500 mg and I havent' experienced an after taste or smell or anything. The MSM definitely has a taste to it, but once I gobble it down... it's gone. Maybe you got a bad batch or something.

Justice4alw

Hi, Crystal. That might be a possibility. I think that I might purchase another brand this week and give it a try. I truly can't stand this taste or "smell". It's really foul.

And as I said before, it really concerns me that I'm the only one that's having this problem. I'm certain that it's the MSM.

churchlady

Hi Justice

Are you taking the MSM with food? My natures bounty MSM
directs the user to take it with food. I've noticed that when I take mine without enough food (sometimes with just a cup of yogurt) I do get a little after taste or I smell it when I burp.

Justice4alw

Hi, Churchlady!

Yes, I'm taking them with food. At least now I'm hearing a somewhat parallel experience with the elusive "smell" and taste if you get it when you burp. With me it is a constant after I take them.