MSM and seborrheic dermatitis

goldensugar23

I have been fighting seborrheic dermatitis for about 4 months.I hate the doctor's because they give me steroids-ugh and other horrible things to put in my body.I'm now doing a herbal tea regiment(dandelion,burdock,fennel..ect) along with black strap molasses.I figured I need to heal from the inside out since mostly everything that worked topically stopped eventually.I hear MSM is good for seborrheic dermatitis .I'm just not sure how to use it?Should I take it in power form?Should I just put it on my head in liquid form..lol?My hair is a nice 3c/4a texture will it change the texture of my hair I put it on topically?TIA!!!

brickhouse

I have been fighting seborrheic derm for about 20 yrs and the only thing that has helped is when I cut out refined sugars and eat healthy. I think it is more from yeast on the scalp. You can do a search on the internet about scalp yeast.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Have you ever been tested for allergies? You may want to look into that.

I take a level teaspoon of MSM daily for my seasonal allergies. If you do try it, make sure it is the OptiMSM kind and increase the dosage slowly due to possible detox symptoms. 1/4 tsp for a week or two is a good start.

Another option is infamous MN (miconazole nitrate). Do a small test area first to see if you can tolerate it.

mariofmagdal

I would say take the pills or the flakes. OptiMSM is what you want. I am sure you could find a shampoo with it in it, but my daughter takes it orally, it does wonders for her seasonal allergies and eczema, it is what worked the best for her.

As for her hair, it gave her hair a greater brilliance, you will love the results on your hair.

shakenspirit

hi i have seborrheic dermatitis...not on my scalp but on my body.it gets really bad in the summer and i use Nizoral shampoo twice a day.The shampoo along with the creams and stuff i get from the doctor works well.HTH