MSM Headaches

LondonDiva

I'm back on the MSM. This time I'm taking it powdered in water. I've had about 1/4 teaspoon to a 1/4 litre of water. So that's about 3,000mg today. And about 4,000mg yesterday. I'm taking Organic Lignisual (sp?) MSM and I have the headache already. I realise this is part of the detoxification process. And I know it is because I don't get headaches unless I oversleep for a LONG time.

The question is should I let the headache subside overnight or take a paracetomol. I really don't want it to interfere with the effects of the MSM and furthermore I'm not a fan of 'Western' medicines. It's the kind of headache where you have to bend down slowly, not the kind where it's throbbing all the time when stationary.

BTW does anyone know how long the headache effect lasts for. I felt like /images/graemlins/censored.gif today and very tired.

Amethyst

Hey Diva/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Yall are trippin' me out. I say this because I don't get any headaches from taking MSM. Girl, I gobble that stuff down with water like it's nothing /images/graemlins/smile.gif The only time I ever had a headache was when I took that UltraNourish hair. Other than that, I never had a headache from any supplement that I've ever taken /images/graemlins/nono.gif I started with very high doses and haven't had any problems. Sorry I can't assist u with this. Is this the MSM that U posted a link to? If it is, I have to order that quick. I'm taking the Doctor's Best which is pretty good, but I really want to try that brand since it is acclaimed to be one of the best brands of msm to take.

Crysdon

I think I'll try to take mine every two days or 2 times a week. I spent a small fortune on the tub and that stuff broke my face out something awful, plus gave me bad headaches.

T

Tee

LondonDiva, did you start out at 3000mg? You may want to try starting at a lower dose and work up to a higher dose. MSM used to give me the biggest headaches and bloodshot eyes when I first started. Then I reduced to 1000mg every other day, and slowly worked my way up to 2000mg every day. Give that a shot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hiddy3

I think Tee is right. Most people that I know that are taking it successfully started out with 500-1000mgs/day and worked up from there. I bet if you cut your intake down (temporarily) those headaches would subside.

Pallas

Hi LondonDiva, I found that the only way I can take MSM without getting a headache is to have it with food. That's why I always have it with OJ (disguises the taste better than water) and with my morning cereal/breakfast. That way I'm never having it on an empty stomach, which I think is what causes the hibby jibbies.

Armyqt

LD, I agree with the other posters. I think you started out with too much right outta the gate. Cut back your dosage to 1000 mg a day and do that for about a week. Then slowly add 1000 each week. Good luck and keep us posted. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Amethyst this brand is called **turns bottle around** Higher Nature MSM Powder organic sulphur supplement It's Lugnisul MSM (still don't know what that means yet.

I went to the health store and picked this one up as I couldn't be bothered to order yet, plus it was right infront of me. I bought 100g of it. I def think it was the MSM that caused the headache though, without a doubt.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but I really want to try that brand since it is acclaimed to be one of the best brands of msm to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brand amethyst? The one that's based in the Uk that I posted the link to ?

LondonDiva

Crysdon

As bad as that was it's actually a very good sign of what's going on in the inside. All the toxins are being removed from your system and come out in your skin. I'm actually prepared this time for a break out if I do get one. I used to take up to 8,000mg a day and didn't suffer in my skin, but this time maybe a different story. For me, personally it's important that I give myself a good cleanout as possible, as I've read up on detoxifying the system and how it beneifts your health all round. I'm actually thinking to starting one in a month or 2, because even though I'm taking supplements now I'm not too happy about it because my system isn't as clean as it could be therefore inhibiting the full potential of the supplement.

LondonDiva

You know what BRH I think you're right. I've still downed quite a bit this morning in water and it's on a fuller stomach than yesterday. I think that's where I went wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif By then it was too late I alreay had a headache. So far so good. When I first started taking it about 9 months ago I started on about 8,000mg but realised I ALWAYS took them after a meal.

G

LD, how much water do you drink daily? Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses a day, you may want to force 10 for a couple of days.

See if the flushing will help.

Crysdon

A colonic is basically flushing out the bowels with water and whatever else they use to clean it thoroughly. You end up losing like 5 to 7 pounds in the process and your system will be clean like a babies.

I think detox and colonic are the same. I however use the word colonic, because if I tell one of my friends or family members that I'm going for detox, they're going to think I'm a recovering drug addict /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

daviine

5 to 7 pounds? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This is going to sound ignorant but I'm underweight as it is!!!! I can't afford to do all that if I'm gonna lose weight!!! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/look.gif

Crysdon

LOL, Oh how I wish that was my dilemma. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daviine, you'll actually put it back on. The colonic gets rid of old, undigested food and if you're a beef eater, you're going to feel sooo light afterwards.

smlwndr97

Aesthetician
Hey guys,

I don't think Colonics and detox are exactly the same thing.

A colonic is a procedure that is performed on you using a long tube which cleans out your intestine with a water solution. It is tre that you may see a remarkeable difference after a colonic. After all you are removing large amounts of waste and water. Think of it as a fancy enema (sp??).

Detox is the process you got through to clean out your system. So you can detox without getting a colonic. Many people use Psyllium (bulk fiber) to "get things moving", but you must drink tons of water with this or else it will swell in your stomach and constipate you. You can also detox by fasting, or taking herbal teas.

HTH,
monique

Crysdon

Thanks for clearing that up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think I'll stick with the colonic. That detox sounds like a "stay in the house all day" method.

daviine

Crysdon said:
Thanks for clearing that up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think I'll stick with the colonic. That detox sounds like a "stay in the house all day" method.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! And don't forget to tell your man not to come over!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Amethyst

Which brand amethyst? The one that's based in the Uk that I posted the link to ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's the one LondonDiva. Again, I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help to you because I started out with very high doses of msm, and went all the way up to 30,000mg a day. Now my maintenance level is anywhere from 6-12,000mg. The advice that was given was excellent though /images/graemlins/smile.gif You can build your way up to a higher level as everyone said by conditioning your system to adjust to the amount you're giving it.

Coffee Enema: I thought about colonics too, but there is many pros and cons about doing that. I have to research a little more re: the safety factor.
Below is an excellent link about coffee enemas to detox the system. Don't mean to gross yall out but I think I'll try it, because it makes a whole lot of since to me. I like to keep a fairly clean system and this article has really piqued my curiosity. If any of you want to try this just be sure to keep the enema bag 2 feet off of the ground and no higher. The coffee is only supposed to affect the liver, and not seep into your intestines. Here's a little portion from the article:

"Use a coat hanger to hang the enema bag at least two feet above the floor; on a door knob or towel rack. The bucket can rest on a chair, shelf or be held. Do not hang it high, as on a shower head, because it will be too forceful and the hose won't reach. It should flow very gently into the rectum and distal sigmoid colon only. It is not a high enema or colonic. Allowing it to go well up into the colon may introduce caffeine into the general circulation as though you had taken it by mouth."

http://www.sawilsons.com/basic.htm

hth,
Amethyst

LondonDiva

LD, how much water do you drink daily? Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses a day, you may want to force 10 for a couple of days.

See if the flushing will help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip MM. I'm drinking a lot of water right now to flush out my system.

G

5-7lbs huh.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Boy do I need one of those...