MTG and exercise

Suri

Due to the recent findings of MTG causing allergic reactions to the neck and face, I need to know if anyone who has experienced the dermatitis has worked out with MTG still in their hair? I am obviously going to have to now wash it out before working out because essentially, exercising and sweating will have the same affect as washing it out of your hair in the shower. Although the MTG is damaging to the skin, I realize that when the hair is saturated it's more likely to leak, and run down the neck and cause the problems. I will finish my bottle, using it sparingly, I will miss mtg. The results I get after 1 week are out of this world. -

senimoni

I work out all the time and I have no issues. I apply MTG at night...usually I keep a facecloth to wipe any extra, I haven't noticed anything when I work out the next morning or evening....and I sweat alot.

Suri

Really cause recently I was working out and the sweating was coming into my face and I tried to hurry up and wipe it at the hairline and nape, but I think some of it got into my face. My neck did burn before, but I will be damned if I let my face get burnt.

@ mscolwhite: yes that's is how I sleep with MTG, but I hiave never tried working out like that. I guess I feel that since I sweat from my head, it will mix in with the sweat and get on my face somehow.

@senimoni: you must not have experienced the dermatitis but I have, I won't be taking any chances I will just wash it out and work out and then apply it overnight where I can control where it goes rather than run the risk of sweat and mixing. Thanks for your responses though!!

senimoni

OIC...I thought you were being precautionary, didn't realize you already had a reaction to it. Hope the new method works out for you.

morehairplease

senimoni said:
I work out all the time and I have no issues. I apply MTG at night...usually I keep a facecloth to wipe any extra, I haven't noticed anything when I work out the next morning or evening....and I sweat alot.

this is what I plan on doing!

SUPER SWEET

I use and i find that i have to wash my hair more frequently to keep from getting tiny bumps on my ears and forehead.

harden718

mysweetevie said:
I use and i find that i have to wash my hair more frequently to keep from getting tiny bumps on my ears and forehead.
Thats what happened to me my skin feel so irritated I don't think I can continue to use this stuff I had a bad allergic reaction.

beyondcute

Why not wear a headband when you work out? I do that anyways... Anything I put in my hair runs out when I sweat and I darn near allergic to everything :lol: Try a sweat band or bandana. It should soak up the 'runoff' :lol: Works for me

Suri

Beyond cute: I could do that or I could stop saturating my hair with it. I just don't learn, but my bottle is almost done and i can't re-up so I will have my fun with the last of it. I'll give the sweatband a try.

bluediamond0829

i usually apply mine at night...i dont even use that much for it to drip down...i usually just put some oil in my hands and rub it thru my hair...and then apply something that smells a little better over top of it...i dont know how effective this is for MTG...but i dont have to worry about the smell, my hair being too oily, or the oil dripping on my face or neck...