MTG = Rash/Breakouts?

trinidarkie1

A couple months ago I posted about a friend who needed help getting her hair back in order. After about 6 weeks of using an MTG Mix (MTG, Ylang Ylang Eo, Kemi Oyl) she experienced a severe breakout and couldnt stop itching. She says that behind her ears, hairline, and around her eyebrows as well as the back of her neck turned red and itched like crazy.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with using MTG?

sky_blu

Yes, which is why I use MTG on occassion. It burns my skin and makes patches. Other ladies have experienced the same symptoms too. It was a couple threads on this awhile back.

trinidarkie1

Okay cool.
Do you think it has anything to do with a person's complexion at all?

I told her to just use it once/twice a week and see how that works out.

DulceKisses

High Fashion
I love MTG, however, if you do not wipe the excess oil of the your skin immediately, it will develope a rash when left on. MTG is very runny so a little goes a long way. When I apply mine (and I'm in braids.) I hardly ever get any on my neck and ears. I use a dye applicator bottle. Maybe that will help. But if its the scalp that's itching I personally would recommend immediate non usage of MTG cause there's no helping that. And can create additional promblems. Good luck to your friend and I'm sorry she's not having a great experience so far.

nissi

Number one, she might be allergic to sulfur, some folks are.

Also, the directions for MTG says to only apply once a week, so I personally don't go beyond that. If it's once a week for a horse, then imagine for human skin!!! :eek:

HTH! HHG!

trinidarkie1

:lol: @ Nissi.
I'll tell her about it. I told her she can use it just once or twice a week.
I did not remember that that was what was on the bottle.