Mtg Changed My Hair Type!

Belle Du Jour

senimoni said:
I realize that but how many threads are out there that go over hair types with pics and everything. Outside of that one obvious option would be to post pictures and ask people their opinions.

Yep. It's hard to discuss hair typing without a picture. . .

honeycomb719

Natrlchallenge said:
I did post about bcing and getting curls, but the question I asked had nothing to do with this thread. i was asking others w 3c/4a hair to show me pics, because I am trying to see if I have that hair type. All I want to do is try to find some products to enhance my hair. If I knew it was going to cause all this confusion, I would've kept my mouth shut. No negativity was meant by this thread. I don't understand why people are taking this the wrong way. :confused:

I think folks take it the wrong way when someone claims to have a looser curl pattern and bring up the "indian in my family" rationale for it. It may not be something that you have personally witness, but it has been by others ,myself included. To hear someone boast about their indian heritage ONLY when it comes to matters of hair is a bit redundant, and has a way of causing these type of outburst.
Dont take it personal though. Im sure you will find the answers to your orginal question, just dont get side tracked ;) .

Last edited:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Your not the only one that have experienced a change in your hair texture from using the MTG. Ever since I started taking vitamins and using MTG I realize that my new growth is extremely curly and when I had natural hair it was nothing like this. So I guess I am stupid too.:p

Mahalialee4

Natrlchallenge: I do not have any pics. But I can describe some changes. Since I started using the MTG my hair is responding like it had a blood transfusion. I was definitely sulphur deficient. IThe change was immediate and dramatic. I remember something about Madame C.Walker (?) who got a recipe in a dream for something to grow out her hair and they believe that this recipe contained sulpher (and probably sage as well) because it stated that it contained African herbs. Anyway, my hair is 3b fine strand and fragile fine and the fragility and very fine threads I think were a direct result of the sulphur deficiency. Also my hair was very cottony and porous. I notice now that the porosity is less, the cuticles are smoother, and it has a lot of natural body. It actually feels different when I run my hand down as section of hair. not the previous*silky feeling( which was not a sign of health in my hair) but now it is heavier textured, feels stronger. It is also definitely growing. My ends feel great. Personally I would be quite happy if it got all thick and bushy, because I love that look and that is why I was using the henna before, to get it thicker looking. Anyway, I have not hennaed for a while as I want to get my hair back to feeling very moisturized and I figure with the MTG, the henna may interfere with its activity. Also my comb outs are so easy and it is drying a lot faster, probably due to less porosity. I am starting to actually wear my hair out PUBLICLY more but not loose of course> Must protect those ends! I have been experimenting with Clairol semi permanent, no ammonia, no peroxide, color in the front and so far so good. Other than that I keep my routine very simple. Hope this helps.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
honeycomb719 said:
I think folks take it the wrong way when someone claims to have a looser curl pattern and bring up the "indian in my family" rationale for it. It may not be something that you have personally witness, but it has been by others ,myself included. To hear someone boast about their indian heritage ONLY when it comes to matters of hair is a bit redundant, and has a way of causing these type of outburst.
Dont take it personal though. Im sure you will find the answers to your orginal question, just dont get side tracked ;) .

First, let's clear this up, and maybe I'll get more replies....I was asking for people who may be experienced in a mixed hair- for examp[le those who are 1/2 black and 1/2 white. I was told that my hair was mixed by my mother. If I insulted anyone, it was not my intent. There was no boasting, I was only trying to explain this simply, which I didn't do well in apparently. This was only a simple q for someone w/ 3c/4a hair. That's all. Please don't reply to this post if you don't understand what I'm asking. I just want to know what 3c/4a hair looks like. That is all. For those who can help me with styling products and curl defining, I'd be much obliged if u can send me a post or pm. I hope this explains better what I mean. :ohwell: