MTG and Henna or Semi-Perm Color

lunalight7

Hello ladies. It's great to be back on the board w/ my sistahs!

I just jumped back on the haircare wagon and the first PJ puchase I made was MTG. Long story short, I love the results. My hair is 4A, fine textured, w/ a small patch of 3C at the nape. I'm relaxed (Motions Mild) and I've also had bleached highlights for about 6 years. I've MTG'd w/ no negative results.

My question is this: I want to try Henna. I also like to use a semi-perm color rinse every now and then to change the color of my highlights. Do any of you do this AND use MTG? Are there any adverse effects? I'm not interested in henna AND rinses....just either/or...but I am concerned about continued use of MTG w/ either one of these options.

Any info would be appreciated.

I missed you guys...

Welcome back Luna :wave: Your hair sounds just like mine. Fine, 4a with a patch of 3c in the nape. WE must be hairtwins :D . Anyway, I've been using henna and MTG and have no problems. Note...I have never actually let the dye release in henna. But I am sure it makes no difference. Although I don't release the dye, I still get a very subtle red hue. hth. :)

Hi AQ!! Thanks for the welcome back!

OK...I was thinking of using cassia (neutral henna) anyway...so I guess it wont be a problem....

Any other holla backs? Anyone MTG and use a semi-perm rinse?

My hair hates Henna (or at least the particular mix I used) and is angry enough with me that I won't be giving it another go.:( I've had MAJOR breakage! Thank God I have Ann's Hair2Heaven products to soften it back up! It was like straw. I use an MTG replica and got 1 1/12 - 2 inches of new growth in the last 6 weeks.:eek: I was going for a 12 week stretch but nope, will be relaxing this weekend:grin:

Back