MTG + Daily CO Washing

ichephren

Is there anyone who CO washes daily and uses MTG with success? I am wondering if it has to be left on the scalp for days in order for it to work. TIA :)

I'm loving it too. My hair has grown alot since doing it. My natural hair has gotten to the point where i am almost able to put a decent pony tail in it. Tri it for one week. If u don't like it, u can stop. You may be pleasantly surprised yourself.

ichephren said:
Is there anyone who CO washes daily and uses MTG with success? I am wondering if it has to be left on the scalp for days in order for it to work. TIA :)

I cw and apply MTG daily...almost daily, but for the most part, daily. :perplexed Technically, it is on the scalp daily as you have to reapply it. I don't know how to cornrow...but if I did, I would be cw 2x a week and leave it on. Go to my fotki for results. I just updated it today.

What are you doing for your hair now?

Natrlchallenge said:
Why not?Just cw and mtg at night? :lol:

I just got my MTG yesterday :bud: :trampolin :clap: and I applied it last night after working out, left in overnight and all day today and as soon as I finish working out tonight, I'm CW and starting all over again. Can't wait to see the results. PS Having this MTG in my hair all day is GREAT way to keep my fingers out of my hands.

How long until you saw results with MTG?

Thanks!

I noticed the increase of thickness first, and my hair was already thick...it is now uber thick! :lol: The first time I tried it, I was texturized. My hair grew so fast. I had no clue on how to stretch texturizers, so I overprocessed my hair. :ohwell: The one thing daily mtg does to my hair is that it makes my texturized effects very temporary. My texture has changed since using it. I had wavy and bushy hair before mtg. Now it is curly. One person on the site told me it could be that I had an iron deficiency and now my hair is balanced. Other words, this is the hair I was born with, without a relaxer. I'm debating on whether I will texturize my hair down the line. I love my natural hair, but it is harder to style it the way I want. Shrinkage for me is very pronounced. My hair is not a twa, but it shrinks up to like nothing! I have gotten good growth from mtg while natural, but my shrinkage makes it harder to measure. I hope i answered your question. My journal also has some of my mtg progress reports in it. Please feel free to look at it. U will see my success stories once I started the mtg journey. It tells my regime in there too, if u care to know....

NatrlChallenge, do you CO wash daily? Right now, I leave the MTG on my scalp overnight and then CO wash in the morning, but I donno if that's enough time for it to "do it's thing." I'm thinking of putting the mtg on at night and then again in the morning after CO washing. I'll try it for a week and see what happens. If my scalp feels coated, then I'll stop. Thanks all.

Suri said:
I just got my MTG yesterday :bud: :trampolin :clap: and I applied it last night after working out, left in overnight and all day today and as soon as I finish working out tonight, I'm CW and starting all over again. Can't wait to see the results. PS Having this MTG in my hair all day is GREAT way to keep my fingers out of my hands.

How long until you saw results with MTG?

Thanks!

suri this is what I plan on doing once my MTG arrives! keep me posted as to how it's working for you!

For those of you who CW everyday and use MTG; do you still see results? Like an inch per month? I cannot give up my daily CW. :(

I condition wash after a nightly soak in MTG. There no way I'm wearing it to work. When I come from work, I apply it ... so it's on a good 11 to 12 hours many nights. If that's not enough time to work, I don't know what to say.

To be honest, even when I rinse it off, there is still residue. I have to apply it lightly or else my hair won't hold a curl or have body.

But I just started using MTG a week ago :grin: So I really can't say if my system is working.

I'm just reasoning that it should ...

I put MTG on at night before I go to sleep. On most mornings I wash it out, but sometimes i will skip a wash and put it into a ponytail. It's been about 4 weeks, i think, and it's working for me.

I used MTG and cw in the summer and noticed some growth, but since the weather has become cooler and I have gotten busier, I only wash on the weekends. I have noticed a lot of growth this month. I believe that you can get growth with daily conditioner washes. IMO you get more growth when you leave it on. If you look at the directions on the bottle they say to apply and cover with a bag. I do have growth pics in my album.

i think the best thing to do with mtg is leave it in for 2-3 days without washing..thats what i do..during this time i do protective styles or make sure im at home so i not smell like a fish fry the next day..

i definitely think the mtg should be reserved for days where you dont have to work or the running around is minimal..usually after the 2-3 day period, i'll do a really good baggied conditioner wash and my new growth will get really soft..it works very welll and reduces the smell significantly..

you dont have to rid the co washes...just minimalize them while using it..

ps: id apply it to the scalp..thats where the hair follucle is located and where it grows..its the best idea i think by far.. and if it gets on the hair then oh well but at least its getting to the right places at the right time..you know?

cowashes definitely help the growth soften significantly KEEP THEM JUST REVERSE THE DAYS!!

What is the method? YOU CO wash daily and apply MTG on a daily basis directly on the scalp?

Natrlchallenge said:
I'm loving it too. My hair has grown alot since doing it. My natural hair has gotten to the point where i am almost able to put a decent pony tail in it. Tri it for one week. If u don't like it, u can stop. You may be pleasantly surprised yourself.

Everyday co-washer checking in :wave: well I finally took pics after using MTG for a month and I don't think I got an inch. When I first started using MTG I only used it 2x a week, then I upped it to every other day on my scalp and everyday on my hairline. I was mainly trying to thicken my hairline but I def. noticed an improvement there, as for length I don't know, I did shed excessively the past month (I'm assumin due to seasonal shedding). I may continue using MTG on my hairline but I don't know if it will increase my overall growth rate. Oh but it def. made my already too thick hair even thicker, I kinda wasn't happy about that :look:

Back