Using Clarifying poos to remove sulfur(from MTG or homemade versions) residue?

pistachio

I've been using my MTG mixture and I've been co-washing successfully, but I really wanna relax my hair in four days. I don't wanna wait 2-3 weeks to do it. Not even a full week. I'm worried about the sulfur causing my relaxer to burn, but I'm wondering if I use a clarifying poo on my hair today, and one Sunday, if it'll still burn because by then I would've clarified my scalp twice and the sulfur residue should be gone by then, right? Has anyone relaxed their hair sooner than a week after not using MTG or homemade version?

Bosslady1

Yes. I think it should get rid of the sulfur. Which shampoo are you going to use? Next time ease up on the MTG a week or two ahead of schedule.

If a clarifying shampoo can get rid of marajuana (sp.?) and any other chemicals from your hair shaft it can get rid of sulfur. That is my take on it. (A close friend has cancer and she clarifies often to get rid of the toxins left from the chemo treatment) She also use lemon juice or vinegar mixed with water and pours it over her head.

HTH!

pistachio

Bosslady1 said:
Yes. I think it should get rid of the sulfur. Which shampoo are you going to use? Next time ease up on the MTG a week or two ahead of schedule.

If a clarifying shampoo can get rid of marajuana (sp.?) and any other chemicals from your hair shaft it can get rid of sulfur. That is my take on it. (A close friend has cancer and she clarifies often to get rid of the toxins left from the chemo treatment) She also use lemon juice or vinegar mixed with water and pours it over her head.

HTH!

Yeah, i should ease up on the MTG mixture but my hair's growing so well I couldn't stop!!!:lol: I plan to use either Nexxus Aloe Rid, or even Suave clarifying poo. It can get rid of chemicals, so I should be good. Thanx:)

The Girl

pistachio said:
Yeah, i should ease up on the MTG mixture but my hair's growing so well I couldn't stop!!!:lol: I plan to use either Nexxus Aloe Rid, or even Suave clarifying poo. It can get rid of chemicals, so I should be good. Thanx:)
ok please tell me is the Suave stronger than the Nexxus?

pistachio

JustMeSteph said:
ok please tell me is the Suave stronger than the Nexxus?

honestly I'm not sure because I've never bought a clarifying poo before today. I went to wal-mart, and all they had was the suave, so i had to go with that one. i guess when i relax tuesday we'll find out if it removed the sulfur not!:lol: