MTG Question for My Crown and Glory Technique-ers

NYCQT16

Natural Again
I have MTG. I've been using it on my hair (I don't have braids in right now) but would like to continue while I have my braids in. However, I believe that the CG technique discourages the use of oils b/c it collects at the base of the braid and makes it hard to take the braid out later.

Question: So, is there anyone who has used MTG while doing the CG technique and had no trouble with the oil buildup? or would you advise against it?

fancypants007

I had no problem with heavy buildup on my braids. I have cornrows and I washed every saturday and then using a bottle with long applicator tip I applied my MTG going in between each braid. I did this twice a week. I would then give each braid a little tug to stimulate my scalp because I didn't really do alot of massaging. All I can say is be careful because you can get heavy buildup when you are in braids if you overdo it. I had the usual lint balls that i think is common when you are in braids, but nothing major that caused damage/breakage. Hope this helps

bluediamond0829

Me neither i havent had any buildup..i have individual medium size braids..and i do the CG method...but i usually alternate MTG with other products...Doo Groo and ORS fertlizer balm...

ekomba

i use mtg daily and i no longer have any build up because before i was using too much stuff at the same time now i just use mtg and wash every 3 days and the hair is never hardened and when i remove cornrows whatever that could be if dirt is removed because nothing is solidified the hair is mostly wet/moisturized. I think frequent washing contributes to build up removal so i do it every 3 days sometimes i even just rinse and go through each braid with my fingers under the shower

Phoenix

I use MTG with braids and I have no problems. Actually, I have less build-up than I did before MTG because the MTG keeps my scalp from flaking.

Healthb4Length

I have not had any problems using MTG while in braids, infact I sprayed it on my scalp and along the length of my braids and when I took out my braids my hair was silky soft.

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Thanks ladies :yep:...You don't KNOW how glad I am to hear this!! I really wanted to keep using MTG but was so afraid of build-up. I usually wash 1x/week wih braids so I guess I will just continue with that and increase if need be. This is great :D