MTG/Sulphur Question in my inbox...help needed

Blaque*Angel

I bought the MTG stuff but have not yet used it because I worry about what the sulfur may do to my hair. I recall before the bleach incident that made me lost 1/3 of my hairs density, that I was to do a color remover because my hair had been made black adn I hated it against my pale skin. I had wanted brown. Anyway, the color removers/strippers main ingredient is sulfur and I was told not to use the strippers as they could make my hair break. With MTG having sulfur as the main ingredient I worry....do you have any info? Thanks!

P.S. How do I get odorless sulfur?

dreysonsmommy2011

I really don't think that you should have a problem using the Mtg. Alot of ladies have used it with no problem. It worked fine on my hair but then again I never colored my hair either....maybe someone with colored hair would be of more help. As far as the sulfur, I bought some flowers of sulfur and mixed it with my hair oil and it is working well. It doesn't smell strong like Mtg. I believe flowers of sulfur is the same type of sulfur used in Mtg. Some women use MSM powder in their hair oils,but I am not sure if that kind of sulfur is odorless.

Vicki in Oregon

Want strong healthy hair, thanks so much for posting this. Sorry I did not thank you earlier. Been so incredibly depressed and been busy pursuing getting justice for what the hairdresser purposely did to me. Such a slow process, sigh. Anyway, I am back now. So where do you get this flower sulfur? I have seen sulfur powder at Vitamin World. Should I try that and mix with my shampoo? How long do I massage it in? I use cayenne pepper in my shampoo in the hopes of it stimulating growth. So far no luck but I try. I hope my hair can handle the sulfur because it is just so frail and weak from the bleach breakage :(

Mizani_Mrs

May i ask what the stylist did to you?? And what type of justice are you pursuing?? U never know...if a stylist damages my hair, it'd be good to have a reference of what course of action i can take...

Vicki in Oregon said:
Want strong healthy hair, thanks so much for posting this. Sorry I did not thank you earlier. Been so incredibly depressed and been busy pursuing getting justice for what the hairdresser purposely did to me. Such a slow process, sigh. Anyway, I am back now. So where do you get this flower sulfur? I have seen sulfur powder at Vitamin World. Should I try that and mix with my shampoo? How long do I massage it in? I use cayenne pepper in my shampoo in the hopes of it stimulating growth. So far no luck but I try. I hope my hair can handle the sulfur because it is just so frail and weak from the bleach breakage :(

Vicki in Oregon

Thanks for bumping wantlonghealthy hair! Mizani, the stylist put bleach on my hair. I had said NO because my hair had been bleached once before and been colored a few times too. She convinced me to do waht she called a "10 hair test strand" which turned out to be more like 30,000 hairs! It was terrible because all that hair on the right side fell off. She had put some bleach also on the part line which is parted on the left so then the hair there broke off too and you can see my scalp the size of half dollar. It was soooo thin I had to cut nearly a foot! I have pics of all this and am trying to pursue some damages through the legal system and it is NOT easy, i have been through hell since this happened. There is a lot more to the story that works in my in regards to waht she said and did that works in my favor but still so hard. Turned out she was not even licensed at the time too. That is a seperate issue too, pursued by the board of health/cosmetology.