My 2008 Hair Journey!!!

oooop2

Hi Ladies,

Well the time has come for me to post my hair journey through 2008.

In January 2008, I really started developing my hair regime and joined Emih19 Super 3m challenge. This challenge really helped me to develop a routine and start learning about my hair.

Here is my hair in Jan 08:

myhairjan12908007-vi.jpg

Braided out flat-ironed hair

12608Twistouts001-vi.jpg

My standard twistouts

In March, I finally took the plunge into the Henna world. Thanks MsToya. Initially I hated it. I couldn't figure out how to get all the grit out. But after getting more info, I can now say I've perfected the Henna application.

mar4130-vi.jpg

I looked so silly!!

In May, I placed my hair in my first set of mini-twist and loved them. I need to do this again. I also did my first official length check.

IMG_9769-vi.jpg

My mini-twist

IMG_9960-vi.jpg

May growth check

In June, I started the Twisting for Growth challenge. I did it for 3m and my hair really thrived. Even met 2 LHCF members (Loo and Naturalgurl!!!). Thanks ladies
smiley9.gif

IMG_0594-vi.jpg

IMG_0635-vi.jpg

Took a break from the twist and did a puff ponytail

In Sept, I did my other growth check and started to wear my hair in a wash and go style, and started to focus on a cowash challenge. Thanks Who!!! I also started using a rosemary-sage spritz mix on my hair. Thanks Bunnie!!

IMG_0788-vi.jpg

My growth early Sept

I also started to experiment with more afro styles:

aprilhair019-vi.jpg

IMG_9363-vi.jpg

myfro005.jpg

In Sept-Dec., I started to really tweek my regime. Started adding tea mixes and vaseline to my regime. I even developed a natural homemade hair mask that has done wonders for my hair. Thanks Sam for showing me that it's OKAY to make my own stuff :)

hair1108005-vi.jpg

My hair with my homemade mask

delete077.jpg

On the go easy style

Dechair012.jpg

Twist on dry hair and vaseline applied for extra sheen. Thanks Finally Free!!!

KarokeKobeStyle025.jpg

End of year growth!!!!

I wanted to thank everyone for all their words for wisdom. I have truly learned a lot from you guys. Here's to a wonderful 2008 and I am looking forward to my hair journey in 2009!!!!!!!

Congrads on the progress. Do you mind posting your recipe for the hair mask. Thank you.

Thanks ladies for the kind words :)

Here is my blend:

Ripe bananas, coconut milk, coconut oil, molasses, evoo, and honey. I apply to my dry hair nightly and cover w/ plastic cap for 1hr-2hrs. Then rinse. Apply Pantene condish. Rinse again. Apply moisturing cream/oils to scalp and hair. Place hair in chunky twist and go to bed. Leaves my hair looking shiny and very soft. LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Oooop! That's great progress! I love your hair!:gorgeous: You're a beautiful sista! Keep up the good work!:clap:

Hi Ladies,

Well the time has come for me to post my hair journey through 2008.

In January 2008, I really started developing my hair regime and joined Emih19 Super 3m challenge. This challenge really helped me to develop a routine and start learning about my hair.

Here is my hair in Jan 08:

myhairjan12908007-vi.jpg

Braided out flat-ironed hair

12608Twistouts001-vi.jpg

My standard twistouts

In March, I finally took the plunge into the Henna world. Thanks MsToya. Initially I hated it. I couldn't figure out how to get all the grit out. But after getting more info, I can now say I've perfected the Henna application.

mar4130-vi.jpg

I looked so silly!!

In May, I placed my hair in my first set of mini-twist and loved them. I need to do this again. I also did my first official length check.

IMG_9769-vi.jpg

My mini-twist

IMG_9960-vi.jpg

May growth check

In June, I started the Twisting for Growth challenge. I did it for 3m and my hair really thrived. Even met 2 LHCF members (Loo and Naturalgurl!!!). Thanks ladies
smiley9.gif

IMG_0594-vi.jpg

IMG_0635-vi.jpg

Took a break from the twist and did a puff ponytail

In Sept, I did my other growth check and started to wear my hair in a wash and go style, and started to focus on a cowash challenge. Thanks Who!!! I also started using a rosemary-sage spritz mix on my hair. Thanks Bunnie!!

IMG_0788-vi.jpg

My growth early Sept

I also started to experiment with more afro styles:

aprilhair019-vi.jpg

IMG_9363-vi.jpg

myfro005.jpg

In Sept-Dec., I started to really tweek my regime. Started adding tea mixes and vaseline to my regime. I even developed a natural homemade hair mask that has done wonders for my hair. Thanks Sam for showing me that it's OKAY to make my own stuff :)

hair1108005-vi.jpg

My hair with my homemade mask

delete077.jpg

On the go easy style

Dechair012.jpg

Twist on dry hair and vaseline applied for extra sheen. Thanks Finally Free!!!

KarokeKobeStyle025.jpg

End of year growth!!!!

I wanted to thank everyone for all their words for wisdom. I have truly learned a lot from you guys. Here's to a wonderful 2008 and I am looking forward to my hair journey in 2009!!!!!!!

Great progress!

Woohoo! Look at all that progress. You grow girl! I am so jelly of your twists cuz they're so luscious...mine always look spindly and thin, kinda like cooked angel hair pasta ~sigh~.

So you really like the caramel treatment? You do it nightly? How long have you been doing that?

Woohoo! Look at all that progress. You grow girl! I am so jelly of your twists cuz they're so luscious...mine always look spindly and thin, kinda like cooked angel hair pasta ~sigh~.

So you really like the caramel treatment? You do it nightly? How long have you been doing that?

Love it..But I like it thicker. Most of the recipes I found it was kinda runny and that drive me NUTS. I've been doing it consistently since Sept when I started doing more WnG styles. I used to do it nightly. Now I do it 3x/wk.

simply beautiful. your hair looks soft and manageable. job well done!

---tremendous growth too! looks like u mangaged to retain every inch....amazing!

Congratulations! That is some excellent progress and I love your texture.
Makes me wanna go natural again... I'm just too impatient at the moment :look:.

Back