My baggie was exposed!

I work in a bureau with about 12 other people, six of which were in when I arrived to work. Our desks are relatively close to each other. After being here about an hour I got up to go in the hallway to make a private phone call. I wandered into the restroom to check myself out in the mirror. Much to my horror I realized the headband I was using to cover my baggie had fallen off.

There was my ponytail covered by a baggie of olive oil and creme moisturizer (Keracare) and held on with a scrunchie. I'm not sure if anyone saw it, but I was afraid to go back in the office after my phone conversation was over. Meanwhile my friend on the phone was trying to make me feel better by telling me something embarrassing about herself.

When I went back in no one looked like they saw anything "strange".

I'm just grateful I walked into the restroom instead of just staying in the hallway. I could have just been surfing this site with my baggie still exposed. I've got to find a better method of covering up my baggie.

HairQueen

Aw honey! Don't worry that happened to me once too during my driving lesson!! Don't worry about it, I cover mine with an old pair of tights now though and I have never been exposed since! I just cut off one of the legs then put it on a wrap a hair band around it then I put the phony hair piece/scrunchie over that.

You could try that? HTH

HairQueen said:
Aw honey! Don't worry that happened to me once too during my driving lesson!! Don't worry about it, I cover mine with an old pair of tights now though and I have never been exposed since! I just cut off one of the legs then put it on a wrap a hair band around it then I put the phony hair piece/scrunchie over that.

You could try that? HTH

Thanks for the tip, HairQueen! It'll hide the baggie and whatever I put on top of the tights material will be less likely to slip off in that case. I'm going to try it out. :up:

soulfusion

Been there Candice. It only had to happen once and I adopted the same technique as HairQueen. It works great! Now if I can only get my friend to stop squeezing it when she comes by my desk. She knows what's under there and it seems to amuse her to hear the sound of the plastic bag when she squeezes my bun (insert rolleyes here).

webby

Think Slim
Aww, I'm so sorry this happened. At least no one noticed and if they did they are discreet :kiss:

Mitre

I was on the thread mill running for a hour, when I got off there it was my phony phony on the floor at the back of the thread mill :look: . I quickly look around to see who notice, no one seem to care so I pick it up put it back on and went about my business;) .

pheb32 said:
Been there Candice. It only had to happen once and I adopted the same technique as HairQueen. It works great! Now if I can only get my friend to stop squeezing it when she comes by my desk. She knows what's under there and it seems to amuse her to hear the sound of the plastic bag when she squeezes my bun (insert rolleyes here).

That is funny, Pheb32. :lol: I was telling my friend on the phone in the hallway "What if they saw the baggie? Then they will always know what is under the headband/scrunchie." She said "At least they would know you were taking care of your hair."

webby said:
Aww, I'm so sorry this happened. At least no one noticed and if they did they are discreet :kiss:

I'm very grateful for that, Webby.

Tamika said:
I was on the thread mill running for a hour, when I got off there it was my phony phony on the floor at the back of the thread mill :look:. I quickly look around to see who notice, no one seem to care so I pick it up put it back on and went about my business ;) .

Good for you, Tamika! Awhile back I saw a phony pony in a parking lot. I guess the person either didn't notice it fell off or was too embarrassed to pick it up. :lol:

metro_qt

Hi guys, this won't make anyone feel better, but it sure was funny... Speaking of the person who found the phony pony in the parking lot, Me and my friends went to Wonderland, a big amusement park up here, and after getting off one of the rollercoasters, my friend who was sitting next to me freaked out cuz she 'lost her hair'. Her phony pony had flown off during the ride!
She was sooooo embarrassed, she didn't want to get off the ride, until it turns out my friend sitting behind us found that the pony had flown from the girl's head and into the next cabin and landed on the floor.
We all almost died laughing that day. But it always reminds me to secure my pony well.

HairQueen

pheb32 said:

:rofl: That is just too funny!!

belleza

It's so funny that you posted this. I was just in a meeting and had a wave of fear wash over me as I had my head turned. I thought "what if they can see my baggie under my wig? Girl, you know momma got to be Fabulous. Fortunately, my hair was cool...but you never know. :eek:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Sorry about your exposure CC..

I was downstairs on another floor and one of my sisters was like, "What's plastic that's in your hair?" I was like, "Girl, omg, that's my baggie!" I tried to explain to her what the purpose was, but I don't think she got it or she though I was....:nuts: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I cover mine with a satin ruffle clip. If I make the baggie real tight and small and clip it right it's okay.... It must have slipped because she only saw a little of it... :ohwell:

AllAboutTheHair

This post is cute. I know because I am laughing (with you and not at you) it is going to happen to me. Knowing me, I will be more upset that my hair secret is exposed than embarassed. A clothing rack caught my scarf once while I was in Wal-Mart deep conditioning. I don't deep condition outside of the house anymore Lol .

I am glad that no one noticed CandiceC.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Tamika said:
I was on the thread mill running for a hour, when I got off there it was my phony phony on the floor at the back of the thread mill :look: . I quickly look around to see who notice, no one seem to care so I pick it up put it back on and went about my business;) .
I'm dying laughing at this!!! I'm glad I wasn't around!! haha

A_Christian

Don't feel bad Candice, at least nobody acted like they saw anything out of the ordinary. Just make sure you tie it tighter the next time. I have a lot of embarassing hair stories, we've all had one at one moment or another.

Last edited:

aprilbiz

CandiceC said:
Thanks for sharing your funny stories everyone. I'm laughing about the whole thing now. :lol:
Candice, you gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time. I've been wearing a 3/4 fall with the seam covered with a wide black headband and I've been waiting for something like that to happen to me. I was in a meeting today thinking "I wonder if the people next to me can seem a seam?"

Laughing at ourselves makes it all better.

LAINA7777

Been There And Done That My Baggie Came Off One Day I Had One Of Those Fake Hair Scrunchies On Instead Of My Phony Pony. Anyway I Was Crossing The Street On My Cell Phone And I Hear This Car Honking And Honking. The Lady Was Trying To Tell Me That My Bag Fell Off In The Street I Picked It Up And Keep It Moving. But I Was Embarassed!!!

hopeful

Oh my goodness I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Candice, glad you can laugh about it too now. My husband just walked up on me laughing out loud like this-- :lachen: -- and he is like, "it's time to get off the computer honey."