My Big Chop *Pic Heavy*

GaiasDaughter24

On 2/1/2010 I did my big chop. I was debating whether to do it the entire day. I really wanted to but I was afraid I wouln't like it. My DH tookkscissors and cut a huge chunk of my hair (relaxed ends only) and there was no turning back. He knew I needed that push and I was grateful. I can honestly say that it was the best decision. I wanted to try a twa and 3 months was the perfect transition time for me. I had just the right amount of hair.

So far I am LOVING my hair. I could stay like this for AGES lolI've never had hair this short but I'm enjoying it so much. Not to mention it takes less time for me to get ready, which I think my family is happ about. Chopping off gave me such an emotional high. After giving birth to my daughter I gained 100lbs (yes, 100lbs :nono:), I don't really have many friends where I live (I'm from NY but live in MN, where my husband is from) and I jst felt like I was losing ME. I love fashion, I love shopping and it seemed that once I gained all my weight back (I had lost the 100lbs about 5 years prior:wallbash:) and while that's not all I am, it was a part of me that I missed. I was just depressed and not myself. I put no effort into how I look.

Cutting my hair was just the change I needed. I haven't felt this beautiful in such a long time. My husband loves that my confidence is back and so do I. Doing the Big Chop was definetly more than just cutting off my hair, for me. It was finding ME again and regaining who I once was. I can probably go on and on about it but I'll spare you lol Ill just say I'm EXTREMELY happy with my hair. Here are my pix :grin:

Transitioning. This was a braid out.

My daughter had just eaten oatmeal

Bant knot out (My daughter never takes good pix with me. Only with daddy :nono: lol

Beginning to chop

All done

After dc and a little gel

After getting it shaped at the salon

Valentine's day

I'm a hobbiest photographer and decided to take some nice pix. My husband did them with my direction. Not exactly how I wanted them to look but I like them alot anyway. I edited them.

Thanks for letting me share!!! Sorry for the pic overload. I'm just excited lol :rolleyes:

hairedity

Great pix! The salon did a great job w/the shape up. Enjoy your hair... and your adorable daughter :)

GaiasDaughter24

Thank you. My friend did it for me and I think she did a great job too. She became a hair dresser about a year ago. And thanks about DD. She's my hyper active princess :)

melissa-bee

Good for you. The finished result looks nice. You should have watermarked those professional photos. Wouldn't wanna end up on some poster or a box of something.

Leesh

You look very nice with that length, I am lovin' it on You, and Your Daughter is Gor-geoussss!!!

nikki2229

Congratulations on your BC!
Your hair looks fab and I can see the confidence oozing in the photos.
Your little Phoenix is adorable.

Whimsy

1. i'm kidnapping that beautiful child.
2. congrats on the big choppsy
3. you are WORKING that twa!!!
4. I LOVE IT and I LOVE THE PIC OVERLOAD (never apologize for pix on lhcf, we love it)

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Just lovely! Your daughter is so pretty. It's so cute that your husband participated in your BC.

Diva_Esq

Your BC fits you so well!!!! Very inspired! You look beautiful and I just want to kiss your daughters cute cheeks! She's a darling! Congrats & enjoy! :)