My boot-leg texturizer for relaxed hair

KansasHalo

No, I didn't create or use a texturizer on my natural/ralxed hair, but here is the story....

Well as some of your know I have been transitionign my bra-length hair for about a year. Things were going fine until about a month ago when I started having SERIOUS issues with frizz to the point where I felt like I was putting too much heat on my hair. So after prayer and research I decided to go back to relaxing my hair for now (plus I'm interviewing for a new job right now and the LAST thing I need to worry about was my hair looking crazy). *lol* Although I would prefer to have a texturizer (because of the curly/straight options) since the majority of my hair is still relaxed, that was not an option.

So thanks to the LHCF I discovered the art of "basing" relaxers with conditioner and/or oil. So I purchased the Textones and Tones Mild relaxer (with lye) and mixed in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of Suave's Milk and Honey conditioner along with 1 tablespoon of EVOO. I applied it to my new growth and let it "sit" for a total of 10 minutes (appplication time included).

The Results....

After washing/conditioning my hair I noticed that it air-dried in an S-curl wavy pattern (unlike its usuall coilly - Chaka Khan from the 80s style) and I hadn't even applied any leave in conditioner or anything.
smile.gif

So I then applies the Neutrogen Triple Moisture Serum and blowdried my hair - it straigthened effortlessly.

So hence my boot-leg teturizer for relaxed hair.
lachen70.gif
Next week, I will try the "wash and wear" look and report back how it goes.

This board is such a GOD send.
wink.gif

I am electronically challenged, so I am probably the last person in the US that does not own a digital camera
frown.gif
hence why I don't have a pic album.

However, I am bidding on one right now via Ebay. Let's hope I get it!
laugh.gif

I'm glad it worked for you, because this is exactly the combo I used for my first texturizer attempt that flopped (I used Suave coconut and EVOO though)...

[ QUOTE ]
KansasHalo said:
No, I didn't create or use a texturizer on my natural/ralxed hair, but here is the story....

Well as some of your know I have been transitionign my bra-length hair for about a year. Things were going fine until about a month ago when I started having SERIOUS issues with frizz to the point where I felt like I was putting too much heat on my hair. So after prayer and research I decided to go back to relaxing my hair for now (plus I'm interviewing for a new job right now and the LAST thing I need to worry about was my hair looking crazy). *lol* Although I would prefer to have a texturizer (because of the curly/straight options) since the majority of my hair is still relaxed, that was not an option.

So thanks to the LHCF I discovered the art of "basing" relaxers with conditioner and/or oil. So I purchased the Textones and Tones Mild relaxer (with lye) and mixed in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of Suave's Milk and Honey conditioner along with 1 tablespoon of EVOO. I applied it to my new growth and let it "sit" for a total of 10 minutes (appplication time included).

The Results....

After washing/conditioning my hair I noticed that it air-dried in an S-curl wavy pattern (unlike its usuall coilly - Chaka Khan from the 80s style) and I hadn't even applied any leave in conditioner or anything.
smile.gif

So I then applies the Neutrogen Triple Moisture Serum and blowdried my hair - it straigthened effortlessly.

So hence my boot-leg teturizer for relaxed hair.
lachen70.gif
Next week, I will try the "wash and wear" look and report back how it goes.

This board is such a GOD send.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

KH ---I am so happy this combo worked for you....I have always added condi
smile.gif
tioner to my relaxed hair and loved the results......
smile.gif

Back