My Daughter's 4 Month Progress~PIC LOADED~

My daughter wore braids this past summer, we'd tried this once before and the outcome wasnt good...nevertheless, we tried it again 4-5 years later hoping for better results..we were looking for somthing maintenence free so she could swim and still go to dance rehearsal and look decent. Long story short, the braids come down for school in Aug and the hair is GONE. She was devestated and so was I.

Sorry I dont have any before braid pics to post, but the day she took them down she emailed me the most pitiful pics I have ever seen they are below...little did I know we would be on a hh journey together and using those very same pics to show her progess. She started out with a shoulder length bob even all around, she got it cut for high school, she was formally APL

Thank you ladies for all your knowledge and sharing that knowledge. When I think about some of the things I used to do to my hair years ago, I cringed, for example, I once left super perm in my hair for over an hour with a plastic cap on...thankfully, it didnt come out but I've just always taken my hair for granted...not anymore..."I's got me some hair schoolin nah":grin:

enjoy the pics!

Then

Aug072009SidePonyHidden.jpg

Aug072009FrontHidden.jpg

Aug072009SideDownHidden.jpg

Now

BreesHHJourney2009009.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009008.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009007.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009006.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009005.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009004.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009003.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009002.jpg

BreesHHJourney2009001.jpg

Sorry pics so big...still learning.

Girl 12/30/2009 is shiney, full and nice, you have some beautiful progress I am so loving your hair. I can't wait to see more progress next year.

Thanks so much Ladies for the encouraging words...it has been a challenge for us both.

Our deal was for her to wear rollersets/ring curls the entire school year and I would have her to full shoulder length (where she was before) by the summer...I think I will be able to hold up my end of the bargain:grin:

We have been cowashing twice a week and rollersetting-absolutely NO heat :nono: DCing with plastic cap no heat (she's too lazy so sit under dryer) and oiling scalp with castor oil, evoo mix..that's it. She sometimes uses the Clairol Ion heated rollers. She also stretched for 14 weeks! :grin:

Back