My daughter's hair

patience

Re: My daughter\'s hair

No prob.

*Quietly goes back into the ladies room to pick out the fro. A glance in the mirror reflects a chunky looking fro. Gotta get rid of "hand in fro" disease ASAP...tip toes out*

kitten73

I have to agree. I noticed that the products for relaxed hair are a no no for my daughter's hair. I need to use things for natural hair. The water is a major major factor. you have to make her consume more water. my daughter was born with eczema and i was determined to get the better of it and we did. she drank water from the time she left the hospital. i forced it and she now will drink that before juice. she doesn't drink soda thank goodness. natutral hair is tough to keep moisturized that is for sure.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Also CH do you think that for about a couple of weeks you can just condition wash her hair? (minus deep conditioning and the other works) I was doing a simalr routine to what you posted and my hair was dry too. I found that "the works" wasnt necessary for my hair everyweek
1-2x times a month was all i needed especially for natural hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

IONO
a kid her age needs a good shampooing after she comes home from school
Maybe i can alternate, one week CW, next week shampoo, and so on and so forth. I'll try that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no I didnt mean forgoing using shampoos and all that stuff lol
I meant just like deep conditioning her hair like twice a month instead of everyweek and around that nature
That alternating plan sounds like a good idea

Tracy

Do you give her cod liver oil CH? My Mom gave me that relogiously when I was little and it 1. bolstered my poor little sickly immune system and 2. I always remember people complimenting her on how soft and smooth my skin and hair was and she always said it was the cod liver oil.

It could help....

shinyblackhair

Please please please get rid of the StaSoFro.
That and World of Curls and Scurl are all the same. They totally dry out your hair.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Please please please get rid of the StaSoFro.
That and World of Curls and Scurl are all the same. They totally dry out your hair.

[/ QUOTE ] thats how i feel about all products containing major glycerine too. it jacked up my daughter's hair

KinksnCurlz

Gotcha Ayeshia

Trace - my stepmom use to give us CLO too and our skin, nails, hair everything was the ishh
the only thing is i can barely get her to drink water let alone swallow it

Irre & SBH - as of yesterday, i stopped using the SSFro

patience

Morning CH-
I went back and found the other three spritz recipes that I'd posted in another thread. Here you go:

Using an 8oz. spray bottle:
20 drops of Rosemary essential oil
~4 capsules of Vitamin E
1 tablespoon Olive oil
Fill rest of bottle almost to the top with water
Shake before use and spritz

Another combo that I've used:
~1 Tb. spoon olive oil
~1tsp. Jojoba oil
5 capsules Vit. E
2 Tb. Suave Coconut conditioner
Fill rest of bottle with water
Shake well before each use

Another one:
10 drops Rosemary Essential oil
25 drops Sweet Orange Essential oil
4 capsules of Vit. E
~1Tb. olive oil
~1 Tb. conditioner of your choice (I like Suave)
Fill rest with water
Shake well before each use...

ImPradaModel

Okay I have a 2 1/2 yr old she had the same problems.. My Mom told me straight out stop using commercial products in her hair because they are too harsh for little ones hair and scalp. Now I use CD HHB & MHH and Nature Gate shampoos and con. Now her hair is 500% better I know CD is kinda pricey but a little goes a long way and is worth it.

Good luck and update us on the outcome

KinksnCurlz

Dang patience u aint no joke
Thanks
IPM - i will b purchasing the Mimosa Hair Honey, Hair Milk, Healthy Hair Butter and the Hair Balm. Where can I find nature's gate shampoos? Let me check vs

UmSumayyah

I know you don't need more suggestions but...
Maybe you could try some of the Indian products on her hair. I use Dabur Vatika as a leave-in for my daughter, and Amla as a pre-poo treatment. Her routine goes like this:
1st wash: Apply amla, let it sit for a few hours. Shampoo out (usually a natural shampoo from the healthfood store, for kids). Condition (Vo5 or Pantene currently), rinse out, apply Vatika and braid up.
2nd: condition wash and vatika
3rd: condition wash and creamy leav-in.

KinksnCurlz

thanks IPM.
UM - how often do u do ur routine? and what is dabur vatika and alma? and what exactly do they do?

patience

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Dang patience u aint no joke
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Did I mention that I love mixing stuff and cooking?...I should've been a chemistry major in college!
If you want the shampoo combo's, let me know. I only have about 2 though. A sistah needs to restock on the Dr. Bronners.

Is it possible to purchase Carol's Daughter products in stores? I know that supposedly there is a store here in Stone Mtn, GA called The Cranky Princess that sells them but I haven't been out there yet.

KinksnCurlz

Yep, cranky princess sells her stuff. here's a few other stores in GA that carries her line as well.

Cranky Princess
988 Main Street
Stone Mountain GA 30083
(770) 879-3553

Dendera, Inc
400 Piney Fork Lane
Atlanta GA 30349
(404) 758-6489

Gestures, Inc.
1759 Canberra Drive
Stone Mountain GA 30088
(678) 570-9653

MissB

CaramelHonee,

My hair buddy lent me some of her CD HHB on yesterday. And it is divine. I hope your daughter's hair will like it also.

patience

Guuurrrrllll!!!!!!!!!, You don' done it now!!! THANKS!!! I'm about to be broke! But my hair will be the BOMB!!!

KinksnCurlz

just trying to help a fellow sista out

MissB... girl im thisclose... i still got the window for Carol's Daughter open on my browser rite now... so far im up to $70 b/c i want SoMM too

kitten73

Hi, I know this is riding on CH's post but a friend just gave me a huge bottle of the Dabur Amla oil and he said I can put it in my scalp but have to wash everyday. I don't want to wash everyday my hair let alone my daughters hair. I want to use it on both of us. What are your thoughts. Should I only use it as a oil treatment before a wash?> I wanted to grease my scalp with it, I was hoping it would help with the newgrowth since I am streching my relaxer. THanks in advance. CH, you will probably benefit from her answer too.

UmSumayyah

I only use it as a prewash, and I use it once a week. Some people do use it as a leave-in. The smell is a little strong for me (its not the Amla itself but the perfume they use in the dabur brand) and my dh absolutely hates it. I just ordered a mix of amla, shikakai and areetha powders. After I use up my bottle of dabur amla I plan to add the powder to an oil (prob. olive and coconut) and use that instead.
I plan to switch mostly because I'd rather have a product free of mineral oil and artificial colors for her hair.
I find that coconut oil on damp new growth helps soften and stretch it a bit, so you may want to try that instead, for that purpose.