My first 12 week stretch

rdm

When I first joined the boards last year, I was inspired to stretch for 8 weeks. It was not easy, but I did it (I normally go 6 weeks). Then, the second time, I decided to go 12 weeks. Well, I was pleasantly surprised, I am a little past APL. The best part was that I did not need a trim!!! My stylist was so impressed with how I had taken care of my ends and said that I could go another 6- 8 weeks before I trim. So, far, I have gone 20 weeks without a trim.

I don't think I will go 12 weeks again. I think that I will only stretch 8-10 weeks for now. Although I went 12 weeks, I did not look cute!!!

I am a 4a/4b combo, with mostly 4b. Some 4bs just can't and shouldn't stretch for a long time...

Congratulations! I'll bet your hair looks great! I'm attempting my first twelve week stretch, hopefully my new growth will have mercy on me :)

I just did my 1st 12 week stretch as well, relaxed 3/16.........
will do it again
cheapy CON, slathered onto dry hair, bun, and go saved me, shower detangling, w/ a lite protein tx, airdry, every 3 days, and rpt
weeks 8-12, i had to add jojoba oil and cones to the cheapy CON, and continued to add to dry hair and go......:):):):).

congrats! im 4b too. im almost 10 weeks post. i agree with u, while i could prevent the breakage, my hair styles didnt look all that great because my roots are really kinky.

Congrats! I decided to let 12 weeks be my max. I agree with you, I start looking "Not so cute" toward the end of the stretch.

rdm said:
When I first joined the boards last year, I was inspired to stretch for 8 weeks. It was not easy, but I did it (I normally go 6 weeks). Then, the second time, I decided to go 12 weeks. Well, I was pleasantly surprised, I am a little past APL. The best part was that I did not need a trim!!! My stylist was so impressed with how I had taken care of my ends and said that I could go another 6- 8 weeks before I trim. So, far, I have gone 20 weeks without a trim.

I don't think I will go 12 weeks again. I think that I will only stretch 8-10 weeks for now. Although I went 12 weeks, I did not look cute!!!

I am a 4a/4b combo, with mostly 4b. Some 4bs just can't and shouldn't stretch for a long time...

Congrats girl! I know how excited you are because I did my first 12 wks stretch last month and I had a new head of hair. I plan to add 2 wks to try to reach 14wks just for the heck of it. I did struggle for awhile with the way my hair looked, but then soon realized that ng was not going to act like relaxed hair. I opt for rollersets that I would just finger comb. This helped hide the ng. I do think 12 wks will be my finality!

I go to 12 weeks to. It can be sooooooooo hard but is also very rewarding I am always lik:eek: :D when I rinse that relaxer out.

Back