My first at home rollerset (pics)

stephluvshair

Usually I go to the salon weekly for a rollerset (for the past two years). This weekend I decided to rollerset my hair myself. It wasnt hard but my hair came out toooooooooo bouncy. My hair looks an inch shorter because its so bouncy. And the bounce lasted til sunday. How can i get a sleeker look? This is a pic after I took out my rollers and combed out the curls.

Here were my wash day steps:
Prepoo with two eggs, Mane & tail conditioner, 2 spoons JBCO
shampoo w/ Creme of Nature (green bottle, yellow cap)
deep conditioner w/ silicon mix, honey, w/ 2 spoons JBCO & 2 spoons creme of nature porosity control conditioner
use diluted original infusium 23 (drop of honey in bottle), quarter size lacio lacio
rollerset mohawk style (grey & purple magnetic rollers)

***I dont own a flat iron & never used one

stephluvshair

Hairsnob, lol. I should be grateful right? I wanted my hair to thicken up and now its getting thick and my rollerset looks like i'm from the 80s when I comb it out.

soulie

You can wrap it, cover it with Saran Wrap and get back under the dryer for a few minutes, or you can just wrap it and tie it up in your scarf. I use the Saran Wrap method when I need to flatten my NG.

pookaloo83

Usually I go to the salon weekly for a rollerset (for the past two years). This weekend I decided to rollerset my hair myself. It wasnt hard but my hair came out toooooooooo bouncy. My hair looks an inch shorter because its so bouncy. And the bounce lasted til sunday. How can i get a sleeker look? This is a pic after I took out my rollers and combed out the curls.

Here were my wash day steps:
Prepoo with two eggs, Mane & tail conditioner, 2 spoons JBCO
shampoo w/ Creme of Nature (green bottle, yellow cap)
deep conditioner w/ silicon mix, honey, w/ 2 spoons JBCO & 2 spoons creme of nature porosity control conditioner
use diluted original infusium 23 (drop of honey in bottle), quarter size lacio lacio
rollerset mohawk style (grey & purple magnetic rollers)

***I dont own a flat iron & never used one

Did you have problems putting the clips on the rollers? That's my biggest problem.

robot.

You did a great job! I don't rollerset, but I can only imagine the hassle it must be, especially if you're new to it.

WorkInProgress88

.it came out great...after a roller set i normally just wrap my hair (a cross wrap)...i've tried the silk wrap but im not too fond of sitting under the dryer w/ dry hair