My FIRST BRAIDOUT

divinefavor

I love your braidout it is very pretty. I especially like the style with the sides pinned up and the back hanging. You did a wonderful job!

InNeedofHairapy

looks great! very defined in the back. I am not so skilled at cornrowing so I do not do braidouts yet, and have to just do twistouts, but your braid out looks beautiful

PatTodd

It looks great! I am looking to try my first braidout soon. Can you be more specific about how you did it? Dry or wet hair? Which product(s) and how much? Product applied before or after braiding? Did you part your hair in four equal sections? Did you braid all the way to the ends? Did you roll the ends? What would you change next time?

InNeedofHairapy

DIONNE31 said:
Thanks Ladies,
INneedofHairapy I can't cornrow to save my life. I did this with 4 plaits.

are you kidding me? :shocked: I can do the plaits, and HAVE done them in the past..but my braidouts didn't turn out like that...did you just do 1 on each side, and one top and bottom...must be the products you use or something b/c mine look crazy :lol: yours look great though

e$h

It came out really cute! Man you got those results from plaits???? I need to try that sooner than later.

ItsyBitsy

PatTodd said:
It looks great! I am looking to try my first braidout soon. Can you be more specific about how you did it? Dry or wet hair? Which product(s) and how much? Product applied before or after braiding? Did you part your hair in four equal sections? Did you braid all the way to the ends? Did you roll the ends? What would you change next time?

Yes, My hair was already dry after my rollerset & silkwrap 4 days earlier.
I divided my hair using my fingers into 4 parts, 1 on each side & 1 up high in the back & one lower in the back. On each section I sprayed 1 sprirt of Dove Sheer Mist, 1 pump of Keracare styling foam, I plaited down to the end & put a little dab of Aveda serum on the ends and pincurled very loose. This morning I put a little Aveda serum on my fingers when I took down each plait, separated with my fingers & pinned the sides up with a hair pin. That's it.
Next time I think I will use a little more foam & plait the sides tighter.
I really wanted to wear it all down but today the sides were too loose.
I like the fact that I pincurled rather than used a roller because the ends are slightly bumped instead of a tight curl & I hate sleeping in rollers anyway, they always hurt my head & end up on my SO side of the bed :perplexed

ETA: My hair was already moisturized from my Aveda USC throughout the week so I think that may have helped too

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

Like someone mentioned earlier, I tried this with plaits and it turned out a hot mess! I think my hair was damp, though. I'll have to play around with different products and see if I can get similar results. Your hair turned out so pretty!

P.S. - I broke down and ordered the "Braids by Breslin" video so I can learn to do cornrows (among other things). I'm determined to finally get it down!

DIONNE31 said:
Yes, My hair was already dry after my rollerset & silkwrap 4 days earlier.
I divided my hair using my fingers into 4 parts, 1 on each side & 1 up high in the back & one lower in the back. On each section I sprayed 1 sprirt of Dove Sheer Mist, 1 pump of Keracare styling foam, I plaited down to the end & put a little dab of Aveda serum on the ends and pincurled very loose. This morning I put a little Aveda serum on my fingers when I took down each plait, separated with my fingers & pinned the sides up with a hair pin. That's it.
Next time I think I will use a little more foam & plait the sides tighter.
I really wanted to wear it all down but today the sides were too loose.
I like the fact that I pincurled rather than used a roller because the ends are slightly bumped instead of a tight curl & I hate sleeping in rollers anyway, they always hurt my head & end up on my SO side of the bed :perplexed

ETA: My hair was already moisturized from my Aveda USC throughout the week so I think that may have helped too

ItsyBitsy

preciousjewel76 said:
Like someone mentioned earlier, I tried this with plaits and it turned out a hot mess! I think my hair was damp, though. I'll have to play around with different products and see if I can get similar results. Your hair turned out so pretty!

P.S. - I broke down and ordered the "Braids by Breslin" video so I can learn to do cornrows (among other things). I'm determined to finally get it down!

Thanks girl!
I was surprised it turned out as good as it did. I think the styling foam is what really made it work. My hair is fine so holding a curl or a wave is hard for my hair. The foam set the waves in place but didn't cause my hair to get hard. It's about 5 hours later & I still have waves but my hair is soft too. Tonight im doing my regular rollerset & silkwrap so later next week I'll try it again & see what happens.

bravenewgirl87

Whadaya Want? A cookie?

congrats...:lol::grin: Very Purty