Pics of my braidout. Help needed

sexyeyes3616

I like it. I like the way the curls came out. It looks really good. I hope my braidouts look like that. You did a good job. IMO

envybeauty

thanks. i just think there has to be a way to have a more defined wavy look. i have seen other braidouts and some people have that wavy look. i wonder how they got it.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I do twist-outs since I can't braid to the scalp. My avi is a pic. of one of my twist-outs. I do 7 or 8 flat twists going straight back like cornrows. I start with dry hair and after I part each section I spray it with water, not soaking but damp. Next I smooth some coconut oil greese over the section then twist back and put a roller on the end and roll up to where the twist meets my head. The next morning I take it down and I have nice curly hair that lasts a week.

tricie

Hey, Nvybeauty!

I think your braidout looks very nice! :) I hope to experiment with it one day.

Moroni

I really like your braidout. One thing I have used to get more definition is Noodlehead by Beyond the Zone. After I finish the braid, I set the ends on flexirods. HTH

Empress Yahudah

I like ur braid out it came out pretty to me and u look BSL to me:yep:

Other ways if u want a tighter wave is make smaller braids
U can cornrow ur hair for waves from root to tip.
Also the looser the braid the looser the wave.
Braidouts on dry hair gives looser wave so braiding the hair while damp works good or if u do braid ur dry hair, after its braided mist it with a moisturizing spray let it dry then take out the braids.

tyte curlz

looks good to me:grin::grin: im not sure if you are braiding on wet, but mine always come out more "defined" when i do it on dry hair. But looking at your pictures we have totally diff. hair type. HTH

Your braidout looks fantastic to me! I wish my braidouts were as defined and tamed as yours are!

But I KNOW there are some expert braidout and twistout members here- so get in here!! :grin:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I only do twist out so I don't know. But your hair came out lovely:grin: What I do for more definition is dampen the hair, i can't do it on dry hair.

Isis

Your braidout looks very pretty. :yep:
Everyone has different ways to do this. I prefer to make mine looser on dry hair rather than wet or damp.

Leslie_C

I think it looks very nice as well! Mine looks kinda like that at first...then what I do to make it look fuller is rub oil or serum all over my hands and then pick the sections apart to give it more body.As long as my fingers are soaked in oil or serum I can fluff it out as much as I want without getting frizz.

Like someone said above, I get good results misting it with a little water and putting coconut oil in it. It comes out soft and shiny.

Are u doing cornrows or individual plaits?

Bigghair

You can moisten the hair and make smaller sections for more definition. If I want a defined twistout I untwist hair that has been wet with the twists in.

LovelyMiracle

What works for me is using Lacio Lacio and serum on soaking wet hair and then making 2 big cornrows going down the from two sides of my head. Then I do about 6 single braids on the remaining hair. One thing though is I cannot do a braid out on freshly relaxed hair. It looks gross. Your braid out looks pretty though

mrsjohnson75

Your braidout is very pretty! Mine is in my avatar. I do it on dry hair...with 6 plaits...and I seal the ends with castor oil.

envybeauty

tricie, tyte curlz, carribean_dream, *bre~bre*, Isis, Bigghair, mrsjohnson75:

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS!!!!!:grin:

I appreciate it.

envybeauty

I really like your braidout. One thing I have used to get more definition is Noodlehead by Beyond the Zone. After I finish the braid, I set the ends on flexirods. HTH

Thanks for the product recommendation! I have heard good things about BTZ products.

envybeauty

I like ur braid out it came out pretty to me and u look BSL to me:yep:

Other ways if u want a tighter wave is make smaller braids
U can cornrow ur hair for waves from root to tip.
Also the looser the braid the looser the wave.
Braidouts on dry hair gives looser wave so braiding the hair while damp works good or if u do braid ur dry hair, after its braided mist it with a moisturizing spray let it dry then take out the braids.

gurl.......i must be wearing granny bras because my stuff is hella low down my back. according to my bra strap, i still need like another 1.5 inch to even touch the strap! ridiculous!

thanks for the tips!

envybeauty

I think it looks very nice as well! Mine looks kinda like that at first...then what I do to make it look fuller is rub oil or serum all over my hands and then pick the sections apart to give it more body.As long as my fingers are soaked in oil or serum I can fluff it out as much as I want without getting frizz.

Like someone said above, I get good results misting it with a little water and putting coconut oil in it. It comes out soft and shiny.

Are u doing cornrows or individual plaits?

i lightly misted the hair with water, applied mago butter, and then did four individual plaits. i will try using oiled hands next time because when i released each plait, it was wavy. it got frizzy once i started separating them. thanks!

envybeauty

What works for me is using Lacio Lacio and serum on soaking wet hair and then making 2 big cornrows going down the from two sides of my head. Then I do about 6 single braids on the remaining hair. One thing though is I cannot do a braid out on freshly relaxed hair. It looks gross. Your braid out looks pretty though

i may have to break down and get me some lacio lacio. i like that you do plaits and cornrows. i'll try it! thanks!

envybeauty

^^^^^^^^^^^thanks!

i am more encouraged about them. i was nervous with it because i didn't want to walk outside and have people thinking to themselves that my hair looked a hot mess.

Country gal

thanks. i just think there has to be a way to have a more defined wavy look. i have seen other braidouts and some people have that wavy look. i wonder how they got it.

It looks really good. How long did you leave the braids in? When I use to sport braid outs, I would leave them in for a couple of days. I also use barry fletcher twist like this.

envybeauty

It looks really good. How long did you leave the braids in? When I use to sport braid outs, I would leave them in for a couple of days. I also use barry fletcher twist like this.

what's that (Barry fletcher twist)?

I leave them in overnight. I didn't think of that. Maybe do them on a Friday night and leave them in until Sunday before releasing them. Thanks