My first hair care compliment!

I'm wearing my shoulder-length, 4A hair in a rollerset today, and a coworker (whose hair is never longer than a broken-off 2") told me it looked great and asked what I was doing to it. I thanked her and told her that I was mainly washing, conditioning, airdrying/rolling it, then pincurling at night… you know, the “leave it alone” school of hair-care. :D

She says, “Well, I love it! It looks so healthy! And that style is much better than that other thing you do (meaning my afro-puff protective baggie bun).” I said, “Well thanks. But even the other thing helps. It helps me keep my hair moist so it won’t break off when I want it like this.” Right? Simple, right?

She says, “Well there’s other ways to keep your hair moist than that.” And proceeded to try to tell me what I should be doing to moisturize my hair. I had to cut her off! I just tossed my bouncy curls and said, “Alright. Thanks for that." :lachen:

Now I’m thinking about how ridiculous that was. I’ve never seen her hair look truly healthy (it's thin and dry and breaking!), but she’s ready to give me advice. Not that my hair is the ultimate bomb (yet!), but wow! That gave me a little chuckle.

Anyway... it started out as a compliment! :lachen:

longhairluva

I don't know why people with jacked up hair loves to give advice. I have a cousin like that. Her hair looks like it been eaten by termites and she want to tell me I wash mine too much.:lol: My hair is the bomb compared to hers.

Suri

that's funny. funny how ppl get nerve??
I like how you cut it short though. Glad to see you taking care of hair. there are times for your hair to grow/heal/marinate, and times to shine ;)

BK Bombshell

longhairluva said:
I don't know why people with jacked up hair loves to give advice. I have a cousin like that. Her hair looks like it been eaten by termites and she want to tell me I wash mine too much.:lol: My hair is the bomb compared to hers.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

longhairluva said:

See!!! That's what I mean. And I wouldn't normally comment on it, I mean, we all start from somewhere, y'know? But it just really struck me as funny that she had just given me a compliment. Now, if you're complimenting my results, why would you poo-pooh my methods? :lol:

Oh, well.

Thanks for all the tips and advice, LHCF! It may be "wrong", but apparently, it's working!

Dark&Lovley

mightyisis6874 said:
I'm wearing my shoulder-length, 4A hair in a rollerset today, and a coworker (whose hair is never longer than a broken-off 2") told me it looked great and asked what I was doing to it. I thanked her and told her that I was mainly washing, conditioning, airdrying/rolling it, then pincurling at night… you know, the “leave it alone” school of hair-care. :D

She says, “Well, I love it! It looks so healthy! And that style is much better than that other thing you do (meaning my afro-puff protective baggie bun).” I said, “Well thanks. But even the other thing helps. It helps me keep my hair moist so it won’t break off when I want it like this.” Right? Simple, right?

She says, “Well there’s other ways to keep your hair moist than that.” And proceeded to try to tell me what I should be doing to moisturize my hair. I had to cut her off! I just tossed my bouncy curls and said, “Alright. Thanks for that." :lachen:

Now I’m thinking about how ridiculous that was. I’ve never seen her hair look truly healthy (it's thin and dry and breaking!), but she’s ready to give me advice. Not that my hair is the ultimate bomb (yet!), but wow! That gave me a little chuckle.

Anyway... it started out as a compliment! :lachen:

:lachen: Now that's funny! You did right you should of told her to try a rollerset!with 2' damaged hair.:grin:

MizAvalon

UNBELIEVABLE!!:eek: It never fails! the people who have hair that looks like it's been through a meat grinder always want to give some advice.

Um, if following that advice is what got YOUR hair looking like that, I think I'll pass.:perplexed

Way to go on the compliment though, it's always nice when those start rolling in.

toosexy1 said:
yeah what i always get from people is "you aint white" when i say i wash my hair everyday.

And THAT's hilarious! See, my first response would be a comment like, "No, but I'm clean!"... and then I'd probably have to fight. :lachen:

Just kidding, just kidding! I know there's plenty of LHCF sistahs out there who do the weekly or biweekly wash thing... it would just be really hard to resist the smartie-pants comeback, y'know? :D

sareca

mightyisis6874 said:
And THAT's hilarious! See, my first response would be a comment like, "No, but I'm clean!"... and then I'd probably have to fight. :lachen:

Just kidding, just kidding! I know there's plenty of LHCF sistahs out there who do the weekly or biweekly wash thing... it would just be really hard to resist the smartie-pants comeback, y'know? :D
LOL!! :lachen:I was thinking "No, but they ain't bald." But I probably would have said, "Oh, is that what you do? Well, we all have to do what works for us." But I'm a smartie-pants. ;)