My first Pibbs Experience

luvmesumhair

Well ladies. It is now 2:15 in the morning. I was doing my hair since 8 something last night. I am sitting here now with saran wrap on my head.

My rollerset did not come out right AT ALL. I am so unhappy. And for some reason, my hair is coming out right now. I do not understand why.

When I did my rollerset, I had to sit under the dryer a good 60 min. And it seemed like the back was not getting dry enough. Did anyone of you have that problem? The back drying last? Maybe it was the rollers I had on? I had those f&^king mesh rollers in:wallbash::wallbash:. Not good. I had the white ones on the top of my head and then gave up and put the magnetic ones on the side. Now I find that I roll better with the magnetic ones then the mesh ones. Then I tried to blow out my roots because I am so underprocessed! Did not work out good. I do not know what happened. I will post pics soon. I am so tired right now. I know practice makes perfect but I think I might wait until I get another touch up right now before I attempt to rollerset again because I think my underprocessed part is what is really causing the problem with my hair breaking off right now. I do not know. I am going to take a pic of what my saran wrap looks like when Iam done. I am not using those mesh rollers again. I am going to stick with the magnetic ones. I still love Sasha but I have to practice on the rolling.

It's not Shasha's fault! :lol: The Pibbs is an excellent investment. It seems like you had a frustrating time with the wet-setting itself. I agree that you should stick to the magnetics if that is what works for you. If you aren't an expert at blowing your roots, flatironing them does just as well. :)

Give it another go after you get your touch-up. I think by the time you have enough new growth again, you'll have practiced so much that you will handle any situation with ease.

I haven't had any issues with uneven drying with the Pibbs, so it may be the rollers. Also, if you don't crank up the heat, don't expect to be sliding out from under that hood in under an hour. I just did a set on freshly relaxed hair and I was under the full 60. I think I had it on around 50 degrees or so. My hair is almost armpit. The longer it gets, the longer you are going to sit! :lol:

Your next time will be better. Don't try to do too many new techniques all at once. It can be frustrating. I don't even do the saran wrap thing. Once I come out of the dryer, I am not going back under!

It's not Shasha's fault! :lol: The Pibbs is an excellent investment. It seems like you had a frustrating time with the wet-setting itself. I agree that you should stick to the magnetics if that is what works for you. If you aren't an expert at blowing your roots, flatironing them does just as well. :)

Give it another go after you get your touch-up. I think by the time you have enough new growth again, you'll have practiced so much that you will handle any situation with ease.

I haven't had any issues with uneven drying with the Pibbs, so it may be the rollers. Also, if you don't crank up the heat, don't expect to be sliding out from under that hood in under an hour. I just did a set on freshly relaxed hair and I was under the full 60. I think I had it on around 50 degrees or so. My hair is almost armpit. The longer it gets, the longer you are going to sit! :lol:

Your next time will be better. Don't try to do too many new techniques all at once. It can be frustrating. I don't even do the saran wrap thing. Once I come out of the dryer, I am not going back under!
OH NO!! I DO NOT EVEN BLAME THIS ON SASHA! She is still a baby.:lachen: I am still learning to adjust to her!

I agree with you :yep: I think I tried too many techniques. I did flat iron the rest when I gave up on the blowdrying. Much better I might add. I had the dryer up on High (I have a 512 so I only have low, med and high) and me trying to get the back/bottom of my hair to dry, I was sitting up higher so the top of my head felt like it was getting real hot!:burn: So either I do not know what I was doing wrong (I was adjusting the hood every way possible) or those mesh rollers (mohawk down the middle) was too big and that was why I could not get that part dry.

what products did you use?Maybe you used too much.
I used the same products Marcherie used in her DVD. A little bit of NTM leave in and instead of that IC serum, I used a little but of the Chi serum. Trust me. The only thing I used a lot of was WATER!

Well, I'm going to purchase Macherieamour's DVD as well - but until then I'm going to stick to my original method which worked fine for me with Dazey dryer.

Now that I have my Pibbs 514 I'm expecting be under no more than 60 minutes if that. I use my Lacio Lacio as my leave-in and saturate hair with water to do my roller set. If you look at my Fotki rollerset you can see how my hair comes out. I use the magnetic rollers (the purple ones). I have not mastered the magnetic rollers where you use the clips yet. That's what the DVD will teach me. Once I'm dry then I add a little moisterizer and oil - then I wrap my hair. But I'm going to try Macherieamour's technique.

Here are pics of the rollers I used:
Rollerset001-th.jpg
Rollerset002-th.jpg
Rollerset003-th.jpg

Here how my curls look after
Rollerset006-th.jpg
Rollerset012-th.jpg

After blow/flat ironing
Rollerset018-th.jpg
Rollerset013-th.jpg

What do you think?

Wow, I think you're really being hard on yourself!!! Your hair was gorgeous! I loved the curly look and the straight look. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the set to me.

Maybe your expectations were set so high for your first experience with Sasha that it was easy for you to be let down!

Just think of it as doing the first date over again, your next experience with Sasha will be better.

And I also can't use anything but magnetic. I've been using them for the past 1.5 years and I can't do anything else. I also don't do the saran wrap anymore but I wrap my hair after I flat iron the roots, I don't like really straight hair. My process works for me.

You don't always have to do something exactly like someone else. Adding your own flavor is O.K. :yep:

Enjoy Sasha, my baby should be coming in a little while.

Girl,your hair is beautiful!:shocked:I came in here thinking it came out crazy or something.I agree with Ajoyfulful,you're being too hard on yourself.

Well ladies. It is now 2:15 in the morning. I was doing my hair since 8 something last night. I am sitting here now with saran wrap on my head.

My rollerset did not come out right AT ALL. I am so unhappy. And for some reason, my hair is coming out right now. I do not understand why.

When I did my rollerset, I had to sit under the dryer a good 60 min. And it seemed like the back was not getting dry enough. Did anyone of you have that problem? The back drying last? Maybe it was the rollers I had on? I had those f&^king mesh rollers in:wallbash::wallbash:. Not good. I had the white ones on the top of my head and then gave up and put the magnetic ones on the side. Now I find that I roll better with the magnetic ones then the mesh ones. Then I tried to blow out my roots because I am so underprocessed! Did not work out good. I do not know what happened. I will post pics soon. I am so tired right now. I know practice makes perfect but I think I might wait until I get another touch up right now before I attempt to rollerset again because I think my underprocessed part is what is really causing the problem with my hair breaking off right now. I do not know. I am going to take a pic of what my saran wrap looks like when Iam done. I am not using those mesh rollers again. I am going to stick with the magnetic ones. I still love Sasha but I have to practice on the rolling.

That was the problem right there. The magnetic rollers are designed for even distribution. Using a dryer like PIBBS will help with maximum reults in drying the hair while adding body.
Try it again using the magnetic rollers :heart2:

Wow, I think you're really being hard on yourself!!! Your hair was gorgeous! I loved the curly look and the straight look. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the set to me.

Maybe your expectations were set so high for your first experience with Sasha that it was easy for you to be let down!

Just think of it as doing the first date over again, your next experience with Sasha will be better.

And I also can't use anything but magnetic. I've been using them for the past 1.5 years and I can't do anything else. I also don't do the saran wrap anymore but I wrap my hair after I flat iron the roots, I don't like really straight hair. My process works for me.

You don't always have to do something exactly like someone else. Adding your own flavor is O.K. :yep:

Enjoy Sasha, my baby should be coming in a little while.

Thank you so much for your kind words girl:hug2:

I know I know. I should stick to what I know or have been doing before. I still do not understand why the last row was not curling right. Any suggestions?

I agree with the last few posters. I was expecting to open up your pics and see some jacked up curls; instead they look beautiful, all big and bouncy. I honestly didn't see a problem at all.

Girl,your hair is beautiful!:shocked:I came in here thinking it came out crazy or something.I agree with Ajoyfulful,you're being too hard on yourself.

Thanks sweetie. I was just upset with the lower back part and my roots.

And I thought I would be under for about 40 mins. I GUESS NOT!:lachen:

Back