My first try at Havana twists

I love havana twists, I just put in mine not that long ago, I've had them in for 3 weeks and took them down once to wash my scalp really well. I'm trying to keep mine in for 2 months total. They're really easy to install and like someone said before you can reuse the hair. I did mine for the first time and then did my mother's and my baby sister's using the hair i did my mother's with because she ended up not wanting to keep them in. They also look very natural, i've had more than a few people ask me if it was mine or compliment me on how long my hair was lol. Definitely try them out, it's the shortest amount of time i've ever done my hair. It took me 3 hrs to put mine up

JosieLynn

How many packs did you buy? Did you make small, medium, or large twists? I'm asking so many questions because I'm planning to order the hair tonight or tomorrow morning. I have a 4 to 5.5 inch (or so) TWA and I want them a little thinner than the models twists. This will hopefully be my protective style for the next three months (total) with a few take downs throughout.

I figured I would get maybe four packs of regular and one pack of highlight hair. I wish they still had the Koil Keeper hat. It's adorable!

JosieLynn

How many packs did you buy? Did you make small, medium, or large twists? I'm asking so many questions because I'm planning to order the hair tonight or tomorrow morning. I have a 4 to 5.5 inch (or so) TWA and I want them a little thinner than the models twists. This will hopefully be my protective style for the next three months (total) with a few take downs throughout.

I figured I would get maybe four packs of regular and one pack of highlight hair. I wish they still had the Koil Keeper hat. It's adorable!

I bought 4 packs and only use a little over 2 of them for my hair. The lady in the photo used about 6 pieces of hair per twist but when you order the hair you'll see that it comes in strips. I only used 2 strips per twist so they were much smaller but even then they look medium sized I would say. And the takedown is super easy and you can reuse the hair. I'm adding a photo of mine so you can see how big I made mine.

Attachments

• image-978869709.jpg
    image-978869709.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image-486596246.jpg
    image-486596246.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1132482814.jpg
    image-1132482814.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 68
LadyEuphoria007 I'm hoping to keep them in for at least 2 months. But they might be able to stay in longer since I don't seem to have the same kind of build up around my hair as would normally happen with micros. Also they don't seem to get as dirty or ratty as micros would, so hopefully after 2 months i might be able to wash the hair itself and reuse it the next time i want to install the havana twists in.

Drtondalia I've put them in twice now, my very first time it took about 3 hours and when I put them back after thoroughly washing my hair it took maybe 2 and a half hours. It goes a lot quicker then usually braids, which i'm grateful for because this is the first time i've had to install extensions to my whole head by myself. thank goodness for my mirrored closet otherwise idk how i would've done the back lol

Back