my flat iron pics (natural 4ab)fine hair

coolsista-paris

Hi.
Thanks to all of you on this board ive learned so much!!! I dont even understand why i took long to come here and get all these methods in my head.

Anyway i wanted to share some flat iron pics.
Im a 4ab, i guess mostly b though...well its 4 type to be short lol.

I have fine hair, so : my hair prefers being worn straight, but we must be careful with fine hair when it comes to heat and relaxers. I wanted to relax again after fustration last week, but dident.

Ok so what i want to say is that i tried flat ironning and the one i did for christmas this week was the best. It came out bone straight. But as i have fine hair it doesnt feel heavy or full...

I started by deep conditionning as usual : the night before i part sections ,spray hair to make it damp add the condit, detangle and braid that seciton. Next day i rinse it out and gentle shampoo or co wash.
Then i added this time : apoghee keratin green tea spray + keracare oil moisturize + ic fantasia heat serum.

My hair came out bone straight ! and it had a little bit of weight this time.
I was so scared because it was so oily! but as my hair drank it all up the next day it was perfect ! not oily and moisturized, even today (making it 4 days after) I trimmed the ends so its all feeling great !

preparing the hair :

ETA : forgot to add that à week.before i henna'd my hair with lots of olive oil +eggs

Flat ironned saturday before chirstmas (it took me 50 minutes to straighten entire head)

ps on above pic: my waist is at the purple line of the boarder (where my fat marks :grin:)

2nd pic below is a braid out

here below is a flat iron pic of october 2012.
If your fine haired and prefer it to look more full, its then better to not make it bone straight.

I did bone straight, it looked nice, then a few days later i like puffing it up with volume by spritzing it.
Today i sprayed some s-curl to my hair and sealed, it came out like the pic of october.

When you spritz it, dont put tons of spray! Just enough to moisturize well, seal as desired then put the hair back up in a braid or tight twists. This will allow it to no puff up even more. It will stay straight but with volume.

And as many ladies said on this forum, one of the secrets of a good flat iron : DEEP CONDITIONNING AND WELL MOISTURIZED HAIR!. yup yup yup, true for sure.

If i do take any other pics with different styles ill add them in here too.
Well, hope I helped a little bit.:yawn: I just wanted to share for those interested.

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

ok...i didnt know they will come out this HUGE ! sorry ladies but im to lazy to start the whole thing again (imageshak)... désolé girls

coolsista-paris

Love the shine! You did a great job.

thank you. It is the first time ever that it came out that good, shiny, no breakage, and not dry.

Its bad i dont have the good lights to take good pictures. I would have shown better pics.

Im so happy because it so well moisturized and not breaking off like it usually does when i flat iron.

Last edited:

ajoke

Well done, and glad you didn't give up on your fine hair. Thanks for the pictures.

coolsista-paris

Well done, and glad you didn't give up on your fine hair. Thanks for the pictures.

Yeah i remember a few months ago I posted a thread fed up of my hair wanted to just throw on a relaxer. But thought "oh, is my fine hair gonna do well with a relaxer"..got scared, gave up :ohwell:

Last week I felt like texlaxing...i was getting fustrated again.
I then wanted to put them in braids (extensions) and thought "oh, is my fine hair gonna retain anything as hair sticks out with braids"....

as we should never say never, if my hair grows as long as i want..WL :grin: i might texlax.

My hair does better when straight/ stretched.

coolsista-paris

Just sharing. I love this product. Keracere oil moisturizer. This thing keeps my hair moisturized for days. Its soft.
It also says its good for fine hair (dresses it or.something like that)
It must be for all.hair.types (natural and relaxed) you should not put à lot on. À little is way enough . And thé smell....yummy

I read à blog where the lady uses this as moosture & seal in one. i dont need to seal either when using it with my flat ironned hair.
I guess its because of the jojoba oil in it.water is at the top of the list of ingrédients.

ForumRunner_20121229_103633.jpg

Its so great that this year of 2012 ive experimented and found my hair staples :

-apoghee 2 min reconstructor
-s curl spray
-henna (with lots of olive oil+eggs)
-keracare oil moosturizer
-apoghee green tea spray
-garnier fructis shine shampoo (no.silicon,paraben ) doesnt.dry hair
- just bought organic root stimulator creamy aloe shampoo to clarify (will try it out in 1-2 weeks)

coolsista-paris

Wow your hair looks great so shiny and healthy.

thank you.
this year ive had healthy hair. i saw à flat iron pic of 2011 at the time i thought i was booming and had great hair.....looking at the pics now.....I NEEDED À SLAP! baaaaaad hair. the ends my goodness where so bad!
i never used to dust.....DESERVE À SLAP! its soooo important. this year ive finally learnt how to really listen to my hair.... if j had done that since 2008 bc id have longer hair by now.

my retention is better when i dust.
thanks Nonie for waking me up about the dusting ;-)

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

Felicitation ma chere!!! at this rate you will be waist length very soon!!

merci.. youve got good french notions i see here ;-)
my fine hair seems difficult to retain à lot of length . i need to calculate my growth rate or retention rate.. i find that à little hard to do... plus im lazy on dealing with something like that for ages lol. i need to do it though!
im aiming wl (if it ever happens to me) in about 2 years. like 31 december 2014. but you never know maybe it can be before that, MAYBE NOT lol.

LadyEuphoria007

Looks great! Makes me want to flat iron...but "I's a scared" lol

I wanted to ask...what flat iron did you use? I know... random. I have a Maxiglide and so I was just wondering.

coolsista-paris

Looks great! Makes me want to flat iron...but "I's a scared" lol

I wanted to ask...what flat iron did you use? I know... random. I have a Maxiglide and so I was just wondering.

dont be afraid. as long as you dont do the stupid mistakes i used to do back then...meaning no deep conditionning and no heat serum. (i was silly )and big pieces to flat iron instead of small parts at à time

anyway i use babyliss ipro 230 steam (without the steam though )

i didnt need it on highest heat and one pass straigtened my hair. of course doing little sections at à time.

ForumRunner_20121230_010214.jpg

Last edited:

LadyEuphoria007

Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing it tonight but I'm feeling a little under the weather. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Congrats on making BSL btw!

coolsista-paris

Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing it tonight but I'm feeling a little under the weather. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Congrats on making BSL btw!

take some pics!!!! :)

i finally reached bsl. i have layers but i dont care im still.claiming it. i can follow my goals by using the same area to check. the rest is almost there but i have to pull the hair anyway to show the length ,and even with flat ironned hair. i might need wl or hl to wear natural mbl loose. what à pain.