My Hair Analysis Results!

leigh.hill

Several weeks ago I posted something like, "I have to go natural but I don't want to..." I went to the dermatologist because my hair had been breaking off (all of a sudden) since mid-December. By the time I was able to get a dermatologist appointment in the 2nd week of January, ALL of the relaxed hair around the crown of my head was GONE, just new growth was left. He recommended that I stop relaxing for 6 - 12 months. To make a long story short, I heard about Komaza Hair Analysis from the thread. Here are the results: FYI - Just in case you are not familiar with the analysis, you send them a sample of your hair after washing. It cost $65.

1. I received 10 pictures of my hair under a microscope. She explained what each picture - the good and bad.

2. My hair is highly porous. ACV was recommended for me once a month.

3. My hair is over-processed and weak. Protein treatments with keratin were recommended every two weeks.

4. I have Seb Dermatitis, but my scalp is healthy. To maintain the health of my scalp, I can do a pre-poo with rice bran oil on my scalp for 20 minutes. Then shampoo. She said to stay away from coconut oil on the scalp. It irritates the SD.

5. My new growth is healthy. I could go back to relaxing if I wanted, but I have to wait until all of the current over-processed hair is gone.

6. She recommended a number of vitamins including probiotics and biotin.

It was a great experience. So many times, I read about an oil, treatment, etc. and I do it, but I am not sure if it is really working. The hair analysis helped narrow the process and take the guess work out of product usage.

All of her advice were recommendations. She frequently said, "here is my suggestion, but research it more for yourself."

I am so happy that I went to the dermatologist and had the hair analysis. I think both are equally important.

classoohfive

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm glad to hear that you understand your hair better and you have direction on what to do next. :)

Uniqzoe

Interesting, I never heard of the hair analysis before. I'm glad it was a good experience for you.

leigh.hill

Great!
Could you show us the photos?

The pics are on a PDF file. I just tried to post a few pics but it turned into a HUGE file and it would not post. The pics showed:
1. Fresh cut hair
2. Mid-shaft split (split in the middle of my freakin hair :nono:)
3. Cuticles lifted
4. Root showing healthy hair growth :grin:
5. Breakage!