My Hair and New Growth is soooo dry!

SimpleKomplexity

I usually use Carol's Daughter Buttercreme on my newgrowth, but i have misplaced it :( My ends are pretty dry too. It feels soft, but it doesn't feel the same :(. Any suggestions for getting my moisture game up. I've tried upping the deep conditioning. I've been DCing with ORS Replenishink Pak or Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp with no avail

i normally dont have a problem with dry strands but i use cfcg on my ends to keep them moisturized and i wet mini-bun everday to keep them moisturized all day

Have you tried baggying?

I like to wet my ends with water, then add a moisturizing conditioner and then seal and baggy. That should help your ends get more moisture.

I am going to suggest something easy in case you just want to run to the BSS to get it. My hair was dry for a minute and NOTHING helped well enough until I borrowwed my SO's (yes!!!) DC. :lachen:

I told him about conditioning, and leave ins, and he decided to get some and loved how nice his hair looked when it was well-moisturized.

Anyway, sorry, haha...

Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner. It's in a green tub and should be $5 or under. Not the Organic Root Stimulator line.

I like the DC because I can just run to the BSS to get it, it's inexpensive, and I found it sooooo moisturizing with great slip. Tell me how it goes if you try it. :)

Using Aveda's dry remedy hair mask as a leave-in has done my hair wonders. It really changes how my hair feels which tells me that it penetrates and does not just sit on my hair like most products do. I would suggest trying it especially if you do protective styles and air dry. The only con is that it is not cheap (runs about $22) and it has a patchoulli scent that I wouldn't initially be drawn to. But, if it brings moisture to your hair like it has done mine, I promise it is all well worth it.

Do you think that it could be a porosity problem?If you have been deep conditioning and your hair still feels dry then that could be the problem.Your hair could be soaking up the product to fast, leaving it unmoisturized.

^^^I agree. You could not be retaining Moisture due to Overly Porous Hair. Have you read some of the Threads on "Porosity" to see if your hair suffers from any of the symptoms of Overly Porous Hair?:nono:

Perhaps you can pick up some Porosity Control at the BSS and incorporate it into your current regimen to help to combat dryness. They have 2 sizes one less than $4.00 and one less than $9-10.00

And Are you still using that flat iron?:rolleyes:

SimpleKomplexity,

I used to have a severe problem with dry hair and ends. My hair was soooo dry that the ends would split mid strand, knot itself and sometime matte together. A couple suggestions for you that will guarantee your hair will be moisturized:

1) I saw you on the condition wash thread. Have you been doing that. I would strongly suggest continuing that but make sure that you do the co-washes with purely moisturizing conditioners. Until you can get a level of softness back in your hair stop using conditioners that have any protein in them at all.

2) Buy Shea Moisture Leave-In. I have NEVER found a conditioner that is more moisturizing than this one...hands down! After taking a hot shower without a shower cap on or dabbing / spritzing your hair lightly with warm water apply the leave-in ...put a little extra on the ends and seal the ends with your favorite oil if you would like. Put your hair in a protective style and put a scarf on. I notice a difference in my hair's softness within 5-10 minutes or less. This conditioner is nice because it continues to attract moisture to your hair days later; however, you can apply more the next day. A little goes a long way and it is very thick and cremey as well.

Let us know how you make out.

I hope this helps

Try deep conditioning with Kenra moisturizing conditioner.

It is my go-to conditioner when I need really good moisture. I sit under the dryer for 45 minutes- 1 hour and I really notice a difference with just one use.

I don't use it all the time though, because it leaves my hair feeling heavier than I like. I actually use it more in the summer months than anything else.

Hope this helps.

If you're not using Porosity, you really should try it. My hair feels so much more moisturised, and stays that way for longer!

Back