Washing My Hair Tonight--ladeez OVER HERE

Nanyanika

OK HERE GOES just taken out my cornrows and have 5 months of new growth. my hair feels soft a little tangly where the newgrowth is, i have some shedding, nothinh usual and a little breakage on the ends after my combout. i need to shampoo, protein treatment and deep condition. i have a whole list of products. so ladies help me decide which product do you like and what would be suitable to use, for the current condition of my hair. take your pick from each list.Thanks in advance

Choose one Shampoo
Crème of nature ultra moisturising formula
Elasta QP Crème conditioning shampoo
Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo
Elucence Moisture benefits Shampoo
Nexxus Therappe Luxury moisturising shampoo
Keracare Hydrating detangling shampoo
L’anza Strait-line shampoo
Keracare 1st Lather shampoo
Pantene clarifying
Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives cleanser

Choose one protein treatment
Aphogee TreatmentElasta QP Breakage Control serum
St ives strength and shine fortifying Reconstructor
Nexxus Keraphix

Choose one Conditioner
Keracare Humecto crème conditioner
Keracare dry & Itchy scalp Moisturizing conditioner---Nexxus Humectress ultimate moisturizing conditioner
Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner
Pantene Relaxed and natural moisturising conditioner
Lekair cholesterol strengthening and conditioning cream
Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives scalp therapy
Redken smooth down Butter treat cream
Redken All soft heavy cream
Deep Brilliance moisture shine treatment
Biolage ultra hydrating balm
Motions CPR
Motions oil silk protein

KinksnCurlz

You know im a keracare girl /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Keracare shampoo and humecto... and nexxus keraphix

oh and um... u got ALOT of products, can i come over /images/graemlins/smile.gif hehe

Healthb4Length

Shampoo: Keracare 1st lather
Treatment: Nexxus Keraphix
Conditioner: Keracare Humecto creme conditioner

I have'nt personally used any of the keracare products on myself but I did this girl's hair and I was very impressed with the softness. I am getting my sample in the mail in a couple of weeks! Let us know how it goes for you! I am sure that you are probably at waist lenght or beyond now!

AudraChanell

Whatever poo u choose, tryo to make your last wash with CON (however KeraCare Moisturizing is very similar). Nothing on earth detangles like CON for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Nay007!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

bajanplums1

Clarify with the 1st lather, then the Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing.
QP Breakage Control serum
can't wait to hear the results.

Nanyanika

you guys replied too late. Anyway i shampooed with Elucence moisture benefits poo for the very first time, its great, smells like peaches/oranges, it gently cleanses and I found it very softening indeed. Next i used St ives fortifying reconstructor without heat for 40 min, after rinsing my hair was much drier and tangly which i suppose it is to be expected with protein conditioners of this nature. however my hair felt noticeably stronger. I now have deep billiance moisture shine on my hair covered with a conditioning cap the instructions say to leave on for 5 min, that's not long enough me, so i'll let it sit for 30-35 minutes.

Nanyanika

My hair turned out a total disaster, I've just rinsed out DB conditioner, i can't get a bloody comb through my hair, it has a nasty coating (like silicone oil)i had the same problem when i used LUST, i'm never using this conditioner again. I used my better braids spray which usually is great at detangling my hair and it was no use, so i coated my hair with kereacare moisturiser and put them in pig tails, i'd have to comb it out in the morning when its near enough dry. now i'm going to bed in a grumpy mood.

lovelymissyoli

[ QUOTE ]

Choose one Shampoo
Crème of nature ultra moisturising formula
Elasta QP Crème conditioning shampoo
Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo
Elucence Moisture benefits Shampoo
Nexxus Therappe Luxury moisturising shampoo
Keracare Hydrating detangling shampoo
L’anza Strait-line shampoo
Keracare 1st Lather shampoo
Pantene clarifying
Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives cleanser

Choose one protein treatment
Aphogee TreatmentElasta QP Breakage Control serum
St ives strength and shine fortifying Reconstructor
Nexxus Keraphix

Choose one Conditioner
Keracare Humecto crème conditioner
Keracare dry & Itchy scalp Moisturizing conditioner---Nexxus Humectress ultimate moisturizing conditioner
Pantene Relaxed and natural moisturising conditioner
Lekair cholesterol strengthening and conditioning cream
Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives scalp therapy
Redken smooth down Butter treat cream
Redken All soft heavy cream
Deep Brilliance moisture shine treatment
Biolage ultra hydrating balm
Motions CPR
Motions oil silk protein

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I need to come over to your place and do my hair! When is a good time??? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
[ QUOTE ]
My hair turned out a total disaster, I've just rinsed out DB conditioner, i can't get a bloody comb through my hair, it has a nasty coating (like silicone oil)i had the same problem when i used LUST, i'm never using this conditioner again. I used my better braids spray which usually is great at detangling my hair and it was no use, so i coated my hair with kereacare moisturiser and put them in pig tails, i'd have to comb it out in the morning when its near enough dry. now i'm going to bed in a grumpy mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Den1, /images/graemlins/frown.gif
This hair care thing can be a bumpy journey!!

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Den1, /images/graemlins/frown.gif
This hair care thing can be a bumpy journey!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i managed to get my hair 85% dry now, i sprayed better braids again to penetrate my hair, and i'm pleased to report that i managed to comb out my hair enough to put into a bun. i'll blow my roots out tomorrow and do a set of twists to continue growing out my hair.

jerseyjill

I agree with the shampoos, because you want to cut any build up that got trapped in the braids, and then you want to moisturize. Conditioners Im a little stumped on. Good luck Den!!!
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nanyanika

Did you receive my PM about texturizer?
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the shampoos, because you want to cut any build up that got trapped in the braids, and then you want to moisturize. Conditioners Im a little stumped on. Good luck Den!!!
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good2uuuu

Ok. See, I can't afford your habit /images/graemlins/shocked.gif But I'll tell you what, I've never been to London........ I think you need some help with those products /images/graemlins/rofl.gif!

Aerie17

[ QUOTE ]
You know im a keracare girl /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Keracare shampoo and humecto... and nexxus keraphix

oh and um... u got ALOT of products, can i come over /images/graemlins/smile.gif hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are my choices too.

LABETT

Den,I have lots of the same products you use especially conditioners.
I wound have use the Elucence Conditioner following the protein treatment.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. See, I can't afford your habit /images/graemlins/shocked.gif But I'll tell you what, I've never been to London........ I think you need some help with those products /images/graemlins/rofl.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Den,I have lots of the same products you use especially conditioners.
I wound have use the Elucence Conditioner following the protein treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, i'll make better choices next time.

shoelover1972

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's too late but I would go for all the Keracare range. What do you plan on doing with your hair now Den1?

Cowgirl

So Den why didn't you rewash & condition, or was it too late & you were tired?

The next time I'm in London I'm not packing any hair products, I'ma just show up on your doorstep once a week to do my hair.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's too late but I would go for all the Keracare range. What do you plan on doing with your hair now Den1?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about re-washing my hair but it would be too much trouble, i'm too afraid of losing a lot of hair, i'm over 5 months post-touch-up. It was absolute murder this morning trying to comb my hair, it was hard and very tangled. my little niece came to the rescue, she helped detangle my hair and blew the new growth out on medium heat, my coils were so coarse and tightly curled that my scalp was so sore epecially when my hair was being parted and combed, i felt a serious headache coming on, even my eyes were sore and red, because of the pain.

Anyway, i'm currently sporting twists(my real hair) for the next two months. I'm also thinking of cutting it again, i don't think i have the energy anymore for waist-length.

buffalosoldier

I cant believe how much hair stuff you have !!! But anyway
I know they dont sell pantene relaxed and natural condish in england yet but maybe try pantene hydrating curls as a finishing detangler. Comb thru while in the shower under the water with a wide comb. comb will slip thru the hair.
Then apply a leave-in/aloe vera etc and put it straight in plaits or twists etc rather than leaving it without products.
Or maybe next time sleep overnight with a deep condish in then use pantene or detangler in morning.
Maybe just try surging once a day cos it can make your hair hard. I did it just once a day and got very good results. (Although the hair at the front of my head is a coarser texture and it was getting ROUGH.)

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe how much hair stuff you have !!! But anyway
I know they dont sell pantene relaxed and natural condish in england yet but maybe try pantene hydrating curls as a finishing detangler. Comb thru while in the shower under the water with a wide comb. comb will slip thru the hair.
Then apply a leave-in/aloe vera etc and put it straight in plaits or twists etc rather than leaving it without products.
Or maybe next time sleep overnight with a deep condish in then use pantene or detangler in morning.
Maybe just try surging once a day cos it can make your hair hard. I did it just once a day and got very good results. (Although the hair at the front of my head is a coarser texture and it was getting ROUGH.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank-you very much for your advice /images/graemlins/clap.gif i have some other pantene stuff i can use to detangle my hair. the constant surging does indeed make my texture coarser, i'm going to reduce surging to once a day /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Den1

Where did you get your DB and Elucence from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Sithembile,
A member from this forum shipped over the Elucence from US. i purchased DB from an online store (US).

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I was thinking you had found a store in London that you were keeping from us!

[/ QUOTE ]

No i wouldn't be so secretive, you London ladies would be the first to know.