My Hair Can't Grow Cuz...

1Aleeesha

I don't recall anyone ever telling me this in particular.

I think I have heard such talk before the boards though... But just listening is something because I understand where these comments come from. When you look at it, many black women do not have long hair (or so that used to be the case) I think more and more black women are getting better with it. And I notice when you go to certain places it's a trend to throw tracks or whatever in and everyone is doing and not concerned with their real hair.

It still doesn't make sense that some think this way though, because obviously (I would think) if you are getting new growth your hair is growing (we know that)... But something is happening (we know this is breakage) as to why the length is going no where...

chebaby

i've never been told i couldnt grow long hair but i got a couple of funny looks and uh hus when i said i wanted wl hair(when i was relaxed).

ebonyhair

Wow at the comments you've heard, ladies. We are surely proving them wrong.

Dang Ebony, you should be slapping them with your long hair now. hehe

The funny thing is that its been hidden in PS for 4-5 months....Looking forward to revealing my "non growing hair" once its BSL:grin:

SUPER SWEET

Because my scalp is a fair color and that I don't use her grease that she sells in her salon.:look:

Last edited:

Jaxhair

Never been told my hair couldn't grow but I get so wound up when black people say black hair can't grow long because......

It grows in and not out - hence thick and not long :perplexed
Genetics won't allow it
It's too kinky

Many also believe black hair only grows long if loced

Now, if black people believe this and talk about it openly for other races to hear, what are these other races going to think? ''Black hair won't grow'' - period. I bet if one made such comment and I asked them why they believe that, I'd not be suprised if their reply was, ''you tell me''. Yet we get offended when other races make negative comments about our hair. We sure are worse than they would have the balls to be.

Went off on a rant there, sorry..... Off to get my hair growing to prove peeps wrong, lol!

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Here's a new one that I heard last night from one of my sorors... i told her that i was going to roller wrap my hair that next morning (Friday morning) and again sunday night so it would be fresh for our yard show on Monday afternoon. she said my hair won't grow because i wash it too much... i dare not explain to her how i co-wash & use MT & DC , that may have went way over her head... I asked her to explain and all she could say is that it just won't grow...

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
One of my friends flat out thoght that black people's hair doesn't grow. Which begs the question why any of us have hair if it doesn't grow...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Mind you: This is from my stylist that was doing my hair on a weekly basis: "Maybe you have a thyroid problem, you are stressed out, your products are bad, you need to see a dermatologist. A Weekly basis........

Skiggle

Here's my List compiled over the
years:

• I'm Black. *Neck length if your lucky, someone told me*:ohwell:
  • I wash it too much.
  • I don't use Black products.
  • I don't use grease often.
  • I use conditioner.
  • I used to stretch my perm.
  • I don't flat iron my hair enough.

anon123

My family never thought it was impossible for black women to grow their hair long. I just thought I couldn't do it because it required inform intensive care, best provided by a professional, and we couldn't afford that.

Evolving78

i got into a little debate with a couple of yt women and this one black lady. they all said that washing your hair too often/wetting it will dry it out. i just had to step back out of the conversation and just stated "everything ain't for everybody"!

Evolving78

My hair won't grow because...
I don't have "good" hair
I'm not mixed
Black women just don't have long hair

and my favorite, a quote by my mother, "I don't know why you spend all day on that website. You're black, you're hair won't grow that long and all of those women have weaves."

I can't wait until I have long, BSL hair to prove everyone wrong

i can't wait either. you are on your way to BSL now. i you to share your story once your hair reaches that length. i think you might it by christmas.

jamaicalovely

My hair won't grow because...
I don't have "good" hair
I'm not mixed
Black women just don't have long hair

and my favorite, a quote by my mother, "I don't know why you spend all day on that website. You're black, you're hair won't grow that long and all of those women have weaves."

I can't wait until I have long, BSL hair to prove everyone wrong
OMG, are they still saying that with the length you have now? I agree with Shortdub, your hair will be BSL by Christmas.

Various white people saying our hair grows really slow and can't grow beyond a certain length. JL, you hair looks soooo silky and beautiful!
Thanks, TopNotch :grin:

We got Ni%%er hair:nono:
This is where I would have to pimp slap somebody.