My hair had a growth spurt!

tthreat08

....could it be due to my new workout schedule? I recently went back to the gym to begin working out regulary. I flat ironed my hair yesterday as I have this vicious cold and knew I would not be conditioner washing this week. AND I noticed my hair hit a growth spurt. yay!

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
ABSOLUTELY GAWGUS!!!! :worship2:

I think you ladies are on to something with these Condition Washes. Most of the ladies who CW regularly, I've noticed they are the ones who have experiencing the growth. I'm going to increase my CW's especially once it gets warmer and my NG becomes unbearable.

CONGRATULATIONS, lovely lady!! :congrats:

LadyKaypnyc

....could it be due to my new workout schedule? I recently went back to the gym to begin working out regulary. I flat ironed my hair yesterday as I have this vicious cold and knew I would not be conditioner washing this week. AND I noticed my hair hit a growth spurt. yay!

Beautiful... I work out often too and I've noticed that my hair is growing faster...maybe it's the sweat:lachen:

growinstrong

most definitely a growth spurt. Soooo.... what exercises, how many days a week and what length of time are you exercising? :look: I just got a new membership at a gym this past weekend and I'm hoping for a growth spurt too. Oh and for a healthy and better lifestyle :grin:

tthreat08

Thanks ladies!

I work out 4 to 5 days a week. Cardio ranges from running for 45 minutes, cardio kickboxing, and skipping rope. I lift weights three days out of the week. Cardio is 4-5 times a week.

When I saw my hair, I was tempted to trim it then as I really like a blunt look. However, I thought of Chicoro and decided to allow the strands to all catch up to one another before trimming blunt. So, that is what I'm gonna do.

Qualitee

Whoa that's som growth:yep: Ladies You know how in the warmer months your hair grows faster, well when you work out you whole body heats up causing much growth

Last edited:

Anancy

OMG your hair looks gorgeous. I don't know, im hoping that the working out that im doing will help my hair grow longer and healthier - maybe it's the CW as well.

I've gotta get on this.

tthreat08

:grin:Thanks ladies!!:grin::grin:

I'm hoping to reach blunt waistlength by the end of the year. I want it to be blunt fat and full.....we shall see!

When I look at the picture, it makes the bunning seem WORTH it! It bores the heck out of me, but then I have my fall when I really wanna switch things up.

EbonyEyes

Your hair grew a lot!

Our bodies are ultimately happier and healthier when we exercise. And I've heard it said that our hair is usually an outward expression of how our bodies feel.

Congratulations and keep exercising!

Sly

Thanks ladies!

I work out 4 to 5 days a week. Cardio ranges from running for 45 minutes, cardio kickboxing, and skipping rope. I lift weights three days out of the week. Cardio is 4-5 times a week.

When I saw my hair, I was tempted to trim it then as I really like a blunt look. However, I thought of Chicoro and decided to allow the strands to all catch up to one another before trimming blunt. So, that is what I'm gonna do.

Girl, your hair is gorgeous:blush::shocked:! Do not cut it.
I, too, read what Chicoro suggested about uneven growth/cutting (after I cut :wallbash:). And I've decided no more cutting for me until I reach my goal.

Shoo, I just joined a gym a week ago--hitting it 5 days a week (cardio and 2x with my trainer). And my head has been itching like crazy.

Hmmm, Must be some truth in this "hair growth and working out" thing:scratchch

Hair Iam

At home getting over a bad flu bug ..but as soon as I better I'll be back at the gym ..you have inspired me :yep:

Christa438

Im happy for you! Your hair is pretty. I know better than to promise myself Im going to go to the gym or work out more because I already know that I wont. I do try to exercise a couple of times a week though--some crunches here, some cardio there. :look: I can't wait to CW again too. I plan on doing any trims AFTER I reach my goals also. I know it probably seems like backstepping, but it makes me comfortable to know if I reached it before I can definitely reach it again.

HHG!

bluediamond0829

beautiful....

i think that goes with taking care of ur body from the inside and it reflects on the outside...

better foods(veggies, fruits and protein) +
+ exercise(good blood circulation) +
vitamins = beautiful skin, hair, nails etc.

i got to get back on my game now that im over my flu.