My hair is driving me crazy (long)

Shawnee66

I hope someone can tell me how to fix this:

I came to LHCF last year because my hair was shedding and breaking. Every time I would run my hands over my hair I would have hair all over them. I would have hair all over my clothes even when I didn't touch my hair. I tried all the different products that everyone suggests would help with shedding and breakage. I even switch from a no-lye to a lye relaxer. The shedding is down to a minimum (no hairs with the bulb on the ends) but, it’s still breaking.

I wash and set my hair last night and I noticed I had so much breakage (clump and clumps of hair). Today I decided to really examine my hair and guess what I found out? My hair is breaking at the point where the no-lye and lye hair meet. My ends are very thin. They're see-thru. The hair closer to the roots is very thick and feels different (healthier).

I'm thinking I should just cut off the no-lye ends. I should just let them go.

WesternEyes

Hi!, it sounds like the no-lye relaxer damaged your hair to the point where there isn't recovery. You may want to gradually cut the damaged areas out and try to be careful when relaxing next time to prevent overprossessing.

locabouthair

i had the same problem when i was relaxed. i had consant breakage which lasted for 3 years. finally my hair got so thin i had to cut it off. maybe you can try an aphogee treatment but you have to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. the treatment helped stop the breakage for about 2 days or so but it as a big improvement compared to how much hair was coming out b4. i guess it didn't work for long was because my hair was extremely damaged which is why i had to cut it off. maybe u can try it see how it works depending on how damaged you hair is. then if all else fails you might want to cut it off. HTH