My hair is forever dry and crispy.?

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
Heres the scenario: im 90% natural and trying out the -no direct heat- method.. im just bunning my napps daily. :drunk: My hairs def getting thicker and my buns have gotten much bigger and thiicker:grin:

Ive been using the Elasta mango butter moisturizer for awhiile, and im actually running low. iseal with coconut oil nightly faithfully, sometimes alternate with Jojoba oil.

Also iwear a shower cap underneath my bonnet/scarf so by morning it will still be moisturized. iwent one night and just put on a scarf and it was stiff dry and crispy :spike: even after moisturizing and sealing!!

Can somebody suggest a better daily moisturizer.? ihate having to keep buying shower caps over and over again -__-

I found that baggying didn't work for my hair. As soon as that bag came off my head my hair became bone dry. The moisture in hair is constantly trying to equalize itself with the moisture in the air, kind of like trying to moisturize with plain water. I also found that, for my hair, sealing didn't really do much either.

The most effective method for keeping my ends silky and moisturized was to apply my spritz and tuck my ends away. This keeps my hair soft for 24 hours, as opposed to the other methods which lasted 4 or 5 hours at most. For some reason, my own hair acting as the "baggy" for my ends is a better "shield" than the plastic.

Here's my spritz: 5 parts water to 1 part AO HSR conditioner. The ratio is really important. Too much water is almost like using plain water and too much condish may leave a noticeable residue.

Last edited:
I found that baggying didn't work for my hair. As soon as that bag came off my head my hair became bone dry. The moisture in hair is constantly trying to equalize itself with the moisture in the air, kind of like trying to moisturize with plain water. I also found that, for my hair, sealing didn't really do much either.

The most effective method for keeping my ends silky and moisturized was to apply my spritz and tuck my ends away. This keeps my hair soft for 24 hours, as opposed to the other methods which lasted 4 or 5 hours at most. For some reason, my own hair acting as the "baggy" for my ends is a better "shield" than the plastic.

Here's my spritz: 5 parts water to 1 part AO HSR conditioner. The ratio is really important. Too much water is almost like using plain water and too much condish may leave a noticeable residue.

ireally wanna try this, becuz my hairs the very same the moisture lasts only a few hours no matter how much oil iput in my hair -__-

when yu saay 8 parts water is that oz.?

I think you should try a watery moisturizer first, then the creams and oils..

also have you tried the kimmay leave in?

I think you should try a watery moisturizer first, then the creams and oils..

also have you tried the kimmay leave in?

ithought Elasta was a water based moisturizer 0_o

ive never heard of kimmay lol can itreat it as a moisturizer even though its a leave in.? Im already using Redkin Anti Snap leave in..

Orenisha here!! ( Tamrin's sis) LOL

Baggie is the most amazing thing I discovered for my ends. That and almost everything on the Hairveda website. LOL

5 parts water to 1 part AO HSR is a ratio, it just means that if you use 5 tablespoons of water, you use 1 tablespoon AO HSR or 5 squirts water to 1 squirt AO HSR. I don't measure, I just eyeball it.

*Also, it's important to keep this mix in the fridge since, it's perishable.

5 parts water to 1 part AO HSR is a ratio, it just means that if you use 5 tablespoons of water, you use 1 tablespoon AO HSR or 5 squirts water to 1 squirt AO HSR. I don't measure, I just eyeball it.

*Also, it's important to keep this mix in the fridge since, it's perishable.

thaankyu so much, ireally appreciate it(= im ordering the conditioner now =p

Orenisha here!! ( Tamrin's sis) LOL

Baggie is the most amazing thing I discovered for my ends. That and almost everything on the Hairveda website. LOL

I baggy every night to keep my hair from being crispy in the morniing =/

Do you deep condition? Also, you check the ingredients on your moisturizer?

yess ideep condition bi-weekly with the ORS olive oil conditioner. Im experimenting with the Elucence Moisture Repair too..

iwas most concerened about mineral oil &petroleum .. ijust read the back of the jar and theres a ton of Parabens mixed in it -_- ugh.. when ihad first bought it ididnt kno much about parabens.. those are bad right.?:dizzy::look:

ithought Elasta was a water based moisturizer 0_o

ive never heard of kimmay lol can itreat it as a moisturizer even though its a leave in.? Im already using Redkin Anti Snap leave in..

Elasta QP is a cream, im refering to the consistency...

The Kimmy leave in is a great as moisturizer....there always been a debate on whether moisturizera and leave's in are the same, from my experience they do the same...

and you should probably up, deep conditioning to weekly, you wanna make sure you have that moisture infused form the start...

Heres the kimmy leave in recipe...
[video=youtube;qXi2k4cFFhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI&feature=&p=6D974553757F76CA&index=0&playnext=1[/video]

Elasta QP is a cream, im refering to the consistency...

The Kimmy leave in is a great as moisturizer....there always been a debate on whether moisturizera and leave's in are the same, from my experience they do the same...

and you should probably up, deep conditioning to weekly, you wanna make sure you have that moisture infused form the start...

Thats interesting. Also iwanted to DC every week, but iwanna use up the conditioner ibought. :drunk: lmaoo

Heres the kimmy leave in recipe...
[video=youtube;qXi2k4cFFhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI&feature=&p=6D974553757F76CA&index=0&playnext=1[/video]

ooh ilovee making my own stuff:grin: thaanks for posting this(=

Thats interesting. Also iwanted to DC every week, but iwanna use up the conditioner ibought. :drunk: lmaoo

Your welcome...

:lol: this is one of the very reasons I make a DC cocktail of all my favorite deep conditioners... I use a total of 5 , and mix 1 1/2 spoonfuls of each, then I add oils and honey... it stretches all of the products I use

Last edited:

Your welcome...

:lol: this is one of the very reasons I make a DC cocktail of all my favorite deep conditioners... I use a total of 5 , and mix 1 1/2 spoonfuls of each, then I add oils and honey... it stretches all of the products I use

=o inever thought about combinding deep conditioners before:wacky:.this would foreal help reduce my cluttered shower flooor :yep::grin:

Back