My hair is magical

brg240

or at least someone I know thinks it is :lol:

So at the place I volunteer at there is this older white guy that is totally in love with and amazed by my hair.

I only say this because he told me as much.:lol:

Last week I wore it in a bun and he was like did you cut your hair, i told him no though i was planning on it. Him: :shocked: How did you get your hair in all in a ball?!!! I told him that it was wet and all compact but i swear he didn't get it. He was like but how???

He then talks about my hair for a few minutes, says it's so pretty and then leaves. Today I was working in an office and he comes in and says i just have to tell you I love your hair. This morning it was all flowing and now it's in a ball. Last week it was long but it was different, how? It's Amazing! I just wanted to tell you.

I took a very long break from there and he recognized me while driving. (I didn't realize it was him until recently) I saw this man trying so hard to get my attention. When he got my attention (i was taking down some braids) he's giving me the thumbs up waving so hard, biggest smile ever.

I don't know if he's just trying to be nice or what. But, it makes me laugh. Like he seriously likes w/e i do with my hair buns/wavy/curly/ponytails/straight. lol last year he even showed me a vid of different ways to tie scarves after i wore one.

Do you have anyone that is just so amazed by your hair?

Last edited:

cutenss

I didn't know his age, and I don't know yours. Its just what I got from reading your post. I do know that is nice when someones loves your hair as much as you do. But I still think he likes you :look:

Aviah

The last person that thought my hair was almost on unicorn status (by the way he was feeling it in amazement and finally uttered "its so cool" relieved me of about 7-8 inches of it at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in London 2 years ago.

Lesson learned!

brg240

I agree- your hair is magical!

(but he sounds like a creeper)
aww thanks, I think your hair is magical too

lol he's actually really nice. He always has a smile on his face and is really friendly. I was only really creeped out by the car thing b/c I didn't realize who he was.

I didn't know his age, and I don't know yours. Its just what I got from reading your post. I do know that is nice when someones loves your hair as much as you do. But I still think he likes you :look:
I'd be sad if that was the case. I'm hoping he's just a hair enthusiast. but now that you've said that I'm afraid that will be in the back of my head. :(

The last person that thought my hair was almost on unicorn status (by the way he was feeling it in amazement and finally uttered "its so cool" relieved me of about 7-8 inches of it at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in London 2 years ago.

Lesson learned!
0_0 oh my :/ That sucks if you weren't planning on getting rid of that much hair.

There is no reason for him to ever touch my hair though so I think I'm good.

dollface0023

I always believed that black women in general have magical hair, lol. We have such a variety of textures that we can do soooo much with.

Anakinsmomma

My hubby. I was worried about his reaction to my BC so I hid it in kinky twists for a month. Didn't need to, he thought it looked amazing! And now when I try something new, he's always amazed. But sometimes he requests the curlies if I hide my hair away for more than a week :lol:

beauti

brg240 your hair is def magical but can you please post a pic of your magical tresses to go w this post bc its def droolworthy :yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Awww, that is a cute story! I do think he has a crush on you. :lol: Pretty face + pretty hair + pretty personality = gets 'em every time.

Aviah

aww thanks, I think your hair is magical too

lol he's actually really nice. He always has a smile on his face and is really friendly. I was only really creeped out by the car thing b/c I didn't realize who he was.

I'd be sad if that was the case. I'm hoping he's just a hair enthusiast. but now that you've said that I'm afraid that will be in the back of my head. :(

0_0 oh my :/ That sucks if you weren't planning on getting rid of that much hair.

There is no reason for him to ever touch my hair though so I think I'm good.

Yes. Once he isn't worthy of a restraining order and isn't your stylist, you'll be fine :lol:.

Just take the admiration in your stride.

brg240

I always believed that black women in general have magical hair, lol. We have such a variety of textures that we can do soooo much with.
I agree so much. Kinky/curly/wavy/straight we have and can do it all. Our hair can defy gravity and shrink and dissapear! Truly magical. :D

@beauti & @Poohbear lol sorry i forgot where I was, I actually took a couple of pics two days ago so ya'll are in luck. thanks beauti <3

Attachments

• here you go.jpg
    here you go.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Nonie

OP, I do agree it's magical. I have shared a few times how much my coworkers appreciate my hair. But I'm also in love with it so when they ask questions, they get a full demonstration of how magical my hair is. One coworker thought I had cut my hair when I wore it in a shrunken 'fro. When I pulled out a few strands to show her it's just shrunken, she was surprised, and wanted to know how I get it to hide like that. LOL

And even after I've explained and demonstrated to some, they still seem fascinated the next time I do something different and they have more questions about it. One of my coworkers who's been so into the many faces of my hair has now become the other "educator" on the ins and outs of my hair. When people thought my twists were braids, she explained that they aren't...and demonstrated with her own hair how twists are different from braiding. Then when I did a twist-out and someone asked if that's my real hair. She explained it was before I could answer but also that the pattern is from twists. She went on to elaborate, "You how when you braid your hair wet and it gets wavy? So Nonie's hair has taken the shape of the twists she had, but if she were to comb it, it'd not have that pattern. It would be an afro."

Yeah, so I'm never surprised when folks ask about my magical hair coz I think it's amazing too. And I love to talk about it anyway so they create monster when they ask about it. :grin:

bibs

Your hair is gorgeous! TgiS story had me cracking up. Most white people I know are fascinated with my hair. It's always changing and the shrinkage is deceiving.

keepithealthy

I agree so much. Kinky/curly/wavy/straight we have and can do it all. Our hair can defy gravity and shrink and dissapear! Truly magical. :D

@beauti & @Poohbear lol sorry i forgot where I was, I actually took a couple of pics two days ago so ya'll are in luck. thanks beauti <3

Your hair is gorgeous!! I am looking forward to when my hair is that long!

genesislocks

awww how sweet of him. At first I thought it was his pure "like" of you. Until of course, I saw your magical hair. I see why he's obsessed with it! but I still think he likes you :p

What is your hair type if you don't mind me asking?..and regimen lol