My hair is sooooo hard

SimpleKomplexity

I am so tired of making threads about my hair :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

My hair is STILL dry! I cowashed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and used the Organics Kids Detnagling Lotion as a leave in. I rollerset and sat under the dryer, and my hair is a hard crunchy mess. It's just not soft and moisturized feeling :(

I moisturized with the Detangling Lotion again and it still doesn't feel nice and soft. what's up!

Soliel185

did you clarify before your last co-wash? Your hair might be too coated for the new moisture to penetrate.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I am so tired of making threads about my hair :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

My hair is STILL dry! I cowashed with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and used the Organics Kids Detnagling Lotion as a leave in. I rollerset and sat under the dryer, and my hair is a hard crunchy mess. It's just not soft and moisturized feeling :(

I moisturized with the Detangling Lotion again and it still doesn't feel nice and soft. what's up!

Could be the Organics Kids Detangling as the leave-in. That's the same product in both scenarios.

SimpleKomplexity

did you clarify before your last co-wash? Your hair might be too coated for the new moisture to penetrate.

I clarified last week...I might go ahead and clarify again tommorrow :perplexed
Could be the Organics Kids Detangling as the leave-in. That's the same product in both scenarios.

UGH It might be both products. They are both new products on my head. I wish it just felt soft. At least my hair smells good.

I'm not taking any chances next cowash. I'ma cowash with Humecto, deep condition afterwards and do something to it after that

Missi

The same thing happened to be 2 weeks ago. The ladies suggested i use Porosity Control & my softness & moisture came back

Soliel185

Well if you just clarified that's probably not needed. Try deep conditioning for awhile, leaving in a little bit of conditioner and then sealing your damp hair with oil. (provided your hair likes oils)

Coconut and Olive Oil always work for me. :yep:

Porosity control is a good idea too. You can get a sample size a Sally's before you spring for the whole bottle.

*Muffin*

If any of your conditioners contain -cones, you'll need to clarify about once a week with a sulfated shampoo to strip the cones, or else the conditioner won't penetrate. Trust me, I had to learn that the hard way :nono:. Since I don't want to use sulfates, I stopped using conditioners that had -cones in them. If it's not that then perhaps your hair doesn't agree with one or more of the products you're currently using. You could also try doing an ACV, regular vinegar, or lemon juice rinse. Acidic things help with porosity. Just add about a teaspoon of acv/white vinegar/or lemon juice to a cup of water and use it as your final rinse.

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

If any of your conditioners contain -cones, you'll need to clarify about once a week with a sulfated shampoo to strip the cones, or else the conditioner won't penetrate. Trust me, I had to learn that the hard way :nono:. Since I don't want to use sulfates, I stopped using conditioners that had -cones in them. If it's not that then perhaps your hair doesn't agree with one or more of the products you're currently using. You could also try doing an ACV, regular vinegar, or lemon juice rinse. Acidic things help with porosity. Just add about a teaspoon of acv/white vinegar/or lemon juice to a cup of water and use it as your final rinse.

I'm really hoping the porosity is off with my hair. I am gonna try a ACV rinse tommorrow in attempt to help my hair out, cuz feeling like a hardhat is not the bizz

Mleah

I found hello hydration a joke! Read Sistaslicks's articles before you do anything else.

www.associatedcontent.com/article/1476956/protein_and_moisture_balancing_in_black.html?cat=69

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I found Hello Hydration to be goodbye sucka!!! and ORS detangling lotion for kids?! left my hair feeling dry like straw... both did not make it a week in my bathroom cabinet...

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I agree with the other ladies...check your porosity. It worked wonders on my hair that always used to be dry and frizzy.

glamazon386

Herbal Essences has cones. It caused build up on my hair and made it dry like straw. I was using LTR but I stopped. Maybe your hair needs to be clarified?