What is the best setting lotion out there now?

SimpleKomplexity

All the setting lotions that i have contain Mineral Oil, and leave my hair hard crunchy and little strands of broken hair on my comb!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:What's a good setting lotion to use?

Another newbie question: What's so bad with Mineral Oil?!:perplexed:perplexed

Oh And what is a blow out? Nahh not the car thingy lol like when you wrap your hair and want to blow it out...What's that?

Nella

I like motions foaming lotion. It leaves my hair shiny and silky with good hold. I like Lottabody but, you have to dilute their product to get great results. It is true that the less product you use gives the best results. If, you dont want crunchy rollersets use less product and let your hair dry completely before taking th rollers out.

Best of luck to you and I'm sure the other ladies can share more.

poookie

i really like the ORS root stimulator setting lotion. it smells clean, and doesn't leave my hair as "crispy" as other setting lotions.

Lavendar

I always use Elucence volume designing foam. The hold is phenomenal, but my hair is always soft and full, never crunchy.

natwell11

Are there any setting lotions that can be used on dry hair? I use to use miss cool this way back in the day, but they don't make it anymore.

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
well for my rollersets I use Salerm 21 mixed with water. Salerm contains silk protein and makes my hair nice and smooth when I take my rollers out. You can find it online @ sickbay.biz. I think that's the website. Someone will correct me lol. I get mines at my local BSS. Also a blow out is usually (not always) done at a Dominican salon. Its when they take your hair out of a rollerset and blow dry your hair from root to tip, to make it bone straight. It makes your hair super swangy. The only thing with these is, its not recommended to do very often for fear of breakage and dryness. A once in a while type thing. You know I'm here girl. So PM me if you have other questions. HTH

longhairlover

I know some may laugh but black and sassy setting lotion is really good it provided my hair with good slip. I switch products a lot but I did like black and sassy hair products.

longhairlover

All the setting lotions that i have contain Mineral Oil, and leave my hair hard crunchy and little strands of broken hair on my comb!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:What's a good setting lotion to use?

Another newbie question: What's so bad with Mineral Oil?!:perplexed:perplexed

Oh And what is a blow out? Nahh not the car thingy lol like when you wrap your hair and want to blow it out...What's that?

A blow out is what the dominican hair stylists do. They do the rollerset place you under the dryer and then they blow your hair out from root to tip with a round brush and hot blow dryer. You can also just get your roots blown out as well.

After that you can either get your hair wrapped with the bobby pins or you can wrap it once you get home.

hth.

Leslie_C

I really like design essentials foam....Im using elasta qp foam right now and I like that pretty well.

wheezy807

Interesting thread, didn't realize so many of you ladies use setting lotion. Always thought only a leave in or/and a serum. I don't really care for that firm curl some of them can form.

Leslie_C

Interesting thread, didn't realize so many of you ladies use setting lotion. Always thought only a leave in or/and a serum. I don't really care for that firm curl some of them can form.

My hair wont hold curl without it and reverts quicker....the foams give a very soft hold as long as u dont use too much and put it on soaking wet hair so its diluted. It is too humid here for me to get by with leave in and serum only.