my hair is splitting please help

NappFrizz83

ok so i was looking at a long shed hair and like right in the middle there was a split (mind you this was a single strand) WHAT DO I DO??

What is your regimen?
How is your moisture/protein balance?
Do you use a lot of heat?
How ofter do you DC?
How often do you detangle?

What is your regimen?
How is your moisture/protein balance?
Do you use a lot of heat?
How ofter do you DC?
How often do you detangle?

I dont use heat and i went a month without combing and discovered it gave me hella single strands knots so now i comb about 2-3x a week. since i workout i co wash every morning with v05 and herbal essenses hello hydration then i put it in hawaiin silky 14 in 1 and seal with coconut oil and put it in a pony tail and clip it up (some times i comb sometimes i dont) i dont know what to do..i think the 14 in 1 might be making my hair weak or something

I dont think its to bad to find one split hair , I think we all have them somewhere in our heads, its if ALL your hair is doing that , then its time to worry

Do you think all or most of your hair is splitting like that?

I look at it, marvel over it, and move on. Seeing the occasional weird split - well, it happens. It's when I start seeing a number of them that I start to check out my regimen and see where (and possibly in the past, as well) I did something that caused major stress to my hair.

Damage can stay hidden for a while - so think back and see if you might have possibly done something to your hair a while ago, too.

Back