My hair is TWO TEXTURES! HELP!

pookaloo83

My hair is underprocessed in some areas from a perm I had a while back. It's bone straight in some places as well. My hair texture is straight, then it's wavy in the middle, then straight again. My question is When I do my next perm can I perm that wavy part in the middle? Or should I just leave it alone and grow it out? Thanks!!

pookaloo83

How long has it been since you had your perm? Also, When was the last perm you had b/f this one.

My last perm was in January of this year, but the underprocressing happened sometime in June or July I forget which month, but I was severely underprocessed and now I don't know what to do with that part because the two textures are clashing...

princessdi

My hair is underprocessed in some areas from a perm I had a while back. It's bone straight in some places as well. My hair texture is straight, then it's wavy in the middle, then straight again. My question is When I do my next perm can I perm that wavy part in the middle? Or should I just leave it alone and grow it out? Thanks!!

I wished I could help you; I feel your pain. My hair is also two different textures. Like yours, some of the hair in the middle is textured and the top and ends are straight.

I'm debating on whether to go to a stylist and have her fix it or do it myself, as I normally do my own relaxers. If I decide to do my own relaxer, I will add relaxer to those areas at the end of the relaxing process and step up the protein after to ensure no damage. I'll also bump for you.

Bumping please, can anyone help us?

Thanks!

pookaloo83

I wished I could help you; I feel your pain. My hair is also two different textures. Like yours, some of the hair in the middle is textured and the top and ends are straight.

I'm debating on whether to go to a stylist and have her fix it or do it myself, as I normally do my own relaxers. If I decide to do my own relaxer, I will add relaxer to those areas at the end of the relaxing process and step up the protein after to ensure no damage. I'll also bump for you.

Bumping please, can anyone help us?

Thanks!

I was thinking about adding the relaxer to those spots too, but thought that i might be overprocessing it...:perplexed

princessdi

You could overprocess if you leave it on too long; however, it you left it on for only five minutes or so, I don't think that will hurt you. I believe I remember reading this in one of the threads and the girl didn't have any problems with breakage or damage afterwards. Just do that area last and only that area and then step up the protein not forgetting the moisture after.

I wish I could offer more advice, but it looks as if we're on our own. I do plan to do this in April at my next relaxer. I will let you know how it goes.

pookaloo83

You could overprocess if you leave it on too long; however, it you left it on for only five minutes or so, I don't think that will hurt you. I believe I remember reading this in one of the threads and the girl didn't have any problems with breakage or damage afterwards. Just do that area last and only that area and then step up the protein not forgetting the moisture after.

I wish I could offer more advice, but it looks as if we're on our own. I do plan to do this in April at my next relaxer. I will let you know how it goes.

My next relaxer is in April too. You might do yours before me, If i do mines before you I'll let u know..:yep: