My hair looks like a weave!

That's the response I got from a co-worker today. My big, ratty hair looks like a weave. She siad it looked so good. For your information, i'm 8 weeks into a relaxer that has obviously grown out (think- Diana Ross 60's bouffant).I can't even get a brush through this stuff. I wanted to tell her that I wouldn't pay for something that looks this bad. :lol: Everyone else seems to like it, so go figure. Who else here has horrendous hair days but still manages to get compliments?

Huggette

Who else here has horrendous hair days but still manages to get compliments

for some reason that seems to be when GUYS wanna try and HOLLA!! go figure!! :grin:

Last edited:

KAddy

Oh me. When I was like 11 weeks post relaxer I was just putting Sta Sof Fro on the roots and pincurling at night to give it some curl. The roots looked horrendous; down-right scary.

I swear my co-worker kept saying how great my hair looked. I was like huh?

webby

Think Slim
I used to get so :mad: when women would say, in earshot mind you, "Yeah girl, you know that's a weave."

Now, I take it as the highest form of a compliment. Even at my short length, I get weave/wig comments...to all of my adoring, questioning fans...thank you. thank you very much (as webby takes a bow) :spinning:

webby said:
I used to get so :mad: when women would say, in earshot mind you, "Yeah girl, you know that's a weave."

Now, I take it as the highest form of a compliment. Even at my short length, I get weave/wig comments...to all of my adoring, questioning fans...thank you. thank you very much (as webby takes a bow) :spinning:

I don't think that's something you should say out loud. :ohwell: That's a keep-it-to-yourself comment, you know?

webby

Think Slim
brownhaired_bonanza said:
I don't think that's something you should say out loud. :ohwell: That's a keep-it-to-yourself comment, you know?
Agreed. You can even say it, but at least have the decency to make sure the target can't hear you, HELLO-ooo?!