A half wig that looks like real relaxed hair?

Country gal

My brother is giving me a hard time becasuse I wear half wigs. I had some damage to my hair so I am giving my hair a break.

keysha1983

I was reading some of the reviews for the half wigs on HairSisters.com, and I was dying laughing at the customer reviews. PLEASE read the reviews before purchasing your wig. Some of the customers even created YOUTUBE tutorials on how to wear your wig. Great site!

sunshinebeautiful

I wear Outre's Ursula....

Dang, this is purty! :yep:

LivingDol1

that is a nice match. i am about to order my first half wig (oh boy) becuase i am sick of having my hair frizz out as soon as i walk out the door in the summer. which style is that by quick weave?

This is a 3/4 piece made by the company called "Quick Weave". I love it. I've repurchased several times because I thought it matched so well. But OP you decide if this is what you meant by matching relaxed hair.

LadyPaniolo

Co-sign on the Instant Weaves! I have tons of them and boy they are priced right and make me feel :gorgeous: I'm wearing one right now :grin:

savebeauty.com has good prices on half wigs... but not the biggest selection in the world. Hairsisters recently came down in price I believe just so they could compete with savebeauty... cuz they used to charge reliably about $5 more per wig than savebeauty did.

I am trying to get ahold of some bumpits so I can wear the hump in front with my leaveout hair and have the half wig in back!

LadyPaniolo

:yep::yep::yep: ITA

If you go on clairhair's website, they have a section with all the Sensationnelle "Instant" stuff... bc they have Instant Weave, Instant Lace top and a couple other "instant" stuff that is all basically half wigs or 3/4 wigs. They just jump on whatever the hot new thing is, and make an "instant" version, :lachen: But I'm not mad at them because they make some really nice stuff that looks great, fits my jumbo dome, and doesn't cost the earth, especially when you can find a good sale. :up:

ETA: they also have a lot more toned down conservative styles that you could wear to work without Becky'n em giving you a balled up face. Unlike some other black wig makers who focus on the club-like styles.

Last edited:

LivingDol1

well, i just took a plunge and perhased 3 half wigs from hairsisters.com. they were so cheap! i hope they don't look cheap... :lachen: i read the reviews online, so i am hoping i made good choices. i just want to be able to wear one on the weekends, a night out, and MAYBE one for the office... not all the time. just when i'm don't feel like fussing with my hair.

i bought these:

Outre Quick Weave
SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE TERI

Outre Quick Weave
SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE EMILY

Demi Cap
SYNTHETIC HALF WIG NEW BORN FREE COSMO QUICK CAP (3 IN 1)

i bet they'll all be a little longer than my own hair. i will find out in a week!

LivingDol1

fudge.... these half wigs are a b****!

i just tried to put "Emily" on my head and i just can't seem to get the front combs to stay put under the wig cap.... i thought I had it, and then i flipped my head over to secure the bottom comb and....

wheeee! the wig flew off my head and on the floor!

:lachen: :lachen:

*whew* i will try this one more time... and post pics in a second... this is horrible!!!!

Okay, see my attachments below of the Teri half wig by Outre... You will have to excuse me, i'm not wearing any make up. I may actually consider wearing this wig out on the weekends or to a bar/lounge scene if i'm too lazy to make my hair look presentable. it's not too shiny, but it definitely looks too perfect. lol. i'm tempted to cut it or thin it out somehow...

the fit is fine, and i have a small head. i might need to manually adjust it myself though b/c i don't think i left enough hair out of the front in order to cover the bump of the half wig... my hair is just not as dense as this wig.

the color blends well. i ordered a 1B but my hair is lighter than that. it has a red/brown tint to it in the light but it's hard to notice.

Attachments

• half_wig_teri34.jpg
    half_wig_teri34.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 141
  • half_wig_teri_side.jpg
    half_wig_teri_side.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 109
  • half_wig_teri_back.jpg
    half_wig_teri_back.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 115
  • half_wig_teri_top.jpg
    half_wig_teri_top.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

LivingDol1

okay, and now, see my pics me of wearing the Emily wig. this wig got rave reviews on hairsisters.com. i am not sure why! it looks fake! it's too shiny. i think it looks darker than the teri wig by the same brand. maybe i'm missing something. it's a pretty wig. the curls are nice. but i just don't think it works for me.

i curled the front of my own hair to get it to match. my real hair doesn't hold curl very well, esp. after wrapping overnight. so naturally the curls fell after like 5 minutes. lol.

i also added pics of my real hair, after i took off the last wig. my own hair looks alright, right? ;) i just wish it didn't frizz in the summer... ugh. humidity...

if someone wants the emily wig in 1B, i'll be more than happy to ship it to you for the cost of shipping only. i'll post this in the other thread for product exchanges...

Attachments

• half_wig_emily_34.jpg
    half_wig_emily_34.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 110
  • half_wig_emily_back.jpg
    half_wig_emily_back.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
  • half_wig_emily_side.jpg
    half_wig_emily_side.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 77
  • real_hair_34.jpg
    real_hair_34.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 86
  • real_hair_back.jpg
    real_hair_back.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 72

Reecie

LivingDol1,

You're so right. The Emily wig looks AMAZING on you. Work it girl!! ITA with what your saying!! The second half wig has that "wig look". I don't like that one either. I think you absolutely should rock "Emily" on the weekends.

I totally feel you about the humidity. It sucks!! I think that besides using direct heat, humidity is probably one of our hair's worst enemies!!

LivingDol1

i think you meant the teri. :) i'll keep the teri. ditch the emily wig. i still feel funny about wearing a half wig though. people always comment on my hair and some people like to touch it. if someone touched my half wig, they wouldn't get their hand back. lol!

LivingDol1,

You're so right. The Emily wig looks AMAZING on you. Work it girl!! ITA with what your saying!! The second half wig has that "wig look". I don't like that one either. I think you absolutely should rock "Emily" on the weekends.

I totally feel you about the humidity. It sucks!! I think that besides using direct heat, humidity is probably one of our hair's worst enemies!!

*Frisky*

okay, and now, see my pics me of wearing the Emily wig. this wig got rave reviews on hairsisters.com. i am not sure why! it looks fake! it's too shiny. i think it looks darker than the teri wig by the same brand. maybe i'm missing something. it's a pretty wig. the curls are nice. but i just don't think it works for me.

i curled the front of my own hair to get it to match. my real hair doesn't hold curl very well, esp. after wrapping overnight. so naturally the curls fell after like 5 minutes. lol.

i also added pics of my real hair, after i took off the last wig. my own hair looks alright, right? ;) i just wish it didn't frizz in the summer... ugh. humidity...

if someone wants the emily wig in 1B, i'll be more than happy to ship it to you for the cost of shipping only. i'll post this in the other thread for product exchanges...

I have the emily wig and I kinda agree with you about it looking a li "wiggish".. I didn't expect it to be that curly from the picture and it does looker darker than the other 4 half wig that I have. It didn't look bad after I pinned it up at the top and let the back hang down and put on a scarf. I probably will continue to wear it just not all the way hanging down. It looks cute all the way pinned up with a hair clip too.

mizzy247

I did a tutorial on one of the wigs...

Here ya go.... http://www.public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2009/i-made-a-kinky-stra/

The most recent one I just cut the hair off an old half wig and then bought and sewed kinky straight hair onto the new wig.

Beautiful work selfstyled... Have you ever considered doing a youtube video for those clueless folks such as myself. You have really good advise and ideas.. Please consider it. You will have alot of followers.

Queliq7

I haven't tried this as yet, but I'm thinking a small amount of black shoe polish may get rid of the shine on black or dark colored wigs. When I buy my next half wig I will give this a try!

SelfStyled

Beautiful work selfstyled... Have you ever considered doing a youtube video for those clueless folks such as myself. You have really good advise and ideas.. Please consider it. You will have alot of followers.

:blush::blush: awww thank you!!!

Okay ladies, I actually found a synthetic wig that matches my hair texture to a T. I am texlaxed btw, even flat ironed- you can still see the texture of my hair.

The wig is Motown LG-28, it is a half wig. Looking at the model's picture I would have never even considered buying this wig. I saw the wig on two people in the BHM wigs section and decided to buy it. It is available on
www.clairhair.com for like $17.99 or so.

Now the pictures...

Sorry for all the pictures, I just wanted to show you guys how versatile the wig is.

morehairplease

SelfStyled I love it!:yep: I plan on purchasing this one and Outre Yasmin for Christmas!:yep::yep:

SS: do you mind me asking how you trim your wigs? Do you cut straight across or at an angle?
tia,
tishee

Last edited: