My Hair Steamer Has Arrived!!!!

ariestwo

Hello ladies. I just received my steamer from "Salon Outfitters / SalonRus .I ordered it last Thursday so the shipping was fast. It was $139.00 plus free shipping.I will be trying it out the first thing tomorrow and I will let you ladies know how it does. I have never used a hair steamer before so hopefully I will be able to tell a difference. The steamer took less than 7 minutes to put together and very sturdy. If any of you ladies have purchased this steamer from this company please let me know if you were pleased with the results.:drunk:

Hello ladies. I just received my steamer from "Salon Outfitters / SalonRus .I ordered it last Thursday so the shipping was fast. It was $139.00 plus free shipping.I will be trying it out the first thing tomorrow and I will let you ladies know how it does. I have never used a hair steamer before so hopefully I will be able to tell a difference. The steamer took less than 7 minutes to put together and very sturdy. If any of you ladies have purchased this steamer from this company please let me know if you were pleased with the results.:drunk:

Oooh what is the website? Like I need another piece of equipment...

So, what does a steamer do? Should the hair 'hold' better? Why use a steamer instead of a regular dryer?

im e-jalous:lachen: have fun with it!

So, what does a steamer do? Should the hair 'hold' better? Why use a steamer instead of a regular dryer?

a steamer is not used as dryer, its for deep conditioning:yep: the steam moisturizes the hair and help the contioner penetrate the hair shaft(i want ooone lol)

someone correct me if im wrong!

I like this price better than the Pibbs one. Don't understand why the Pibbs steamer is over $1,000 vs. this one at $139.00 Would love to see a features comparison (not that I'm going to buy a $1000 steamer :-D)

The only great thing that came out of my many horrendous trips to the hairdresser was once or twice I was put under a hair steamer and I WUV'ED IT!

WOW "free shipping".. that's a huge savings, since most hair equipment runs $30-$40 to ship. I'm going to check them out online to see if they have the Pibb Turbo. I found one on sale for $239 + $40 s/h.

Happy Steaming! Please post before & after photos and reviews

$139 is a great price....but I think DH will kill me if I buy one more hair appliance/product.

I have absolutely no place to put a steamer, unless it folds down??

I bought this steamer from them and received it last Friday. I used it Saturday and LOVED how my hair felt. I will certainly be using it weekly. The only thing is that the directions aren't very well written and there seem to be 2 on/off switches. I have to call the company and find out how they work. And whatever you do, don't unscrew the black, rubber cap that's screwed onto a silver thing on the side, when the chamber is filled with water. I figured out too late that this is how you drain any excess water. Other than that, enjoy!!

I just ordered this along with some henna, alma, alma oil and stuff from vitacoast. Oh and some stuff from hairveda. My dh will kill me when all this stuff comes in. Oh well I guess I will try again next month for the no-buy challenge.

I am finally under my steamer now and ooh!!!!!!,it feels so good. To the lady question who also bought the same steamer the 2 on and off switch: #2 switch,the red one lets out alot more steam than # 1 .So you do not turn both on at a time just one. (It's for If you want less or more steam.) I was wondering why also but when I turned #1 off and #2 on it was a burst of warm steam and it is feeling so good .Well gotta go and enjoy the rest of my steam treatment.

Thanks for this post. I would love a steamer! I think it would be the cherry-on-top of my hair staples (Ovation & WEN)

You got a nice deal on the steamer. I can't wait to get one but I'm waiting until August/ September.

I cant wait til mines gets here. I have taken off Friday March 6 cause it will be an all out at home spa day. Taking the kinky twist out doing henna and steaming my hair oh and getting it dusted. I CAN NOT WAIT

I showed DH this thread and now he wants a steamer. :lachen:

He has been under a steamer, once, at his salon but he thinks a steamer at home will be worth it. His salon told me $20 extra for a steam treatment....although they did not charge DH at all. I still have not gone there to have a real steam treatment. I did the home made version with plastic caps and hot towels. DH didn't ask for it, his stylist just did it since he has a problem with dry scalp so I guess that is why it was free.

So, $20 X 7 steam treatments is $140. The steamer is only $139.99 with free shipping. :grin: However, we have no place to store it. :perplexed

DH says he will find some place...but until he does I'm not ordering it. We just don't have the room with the Pibbs dryer already here.

I will admit, it's fun that DH can share in my hair journey. :yep:
He is my product tester and I dump stuff on him that doesn't work for me. He could care less if conditioner has lots of slip since he can't very well comb his dreadlocks. He likes being able to sit under the dryer at home too instead of hanging around in a shop full of women after his hair is all retwisted.

I got the same one just this morning (actually under it now!) I mucked up for the last couple of weeks.....i was co-washing with jane carters replinshing condish... ...and as of lately my hair has been hellah dry......just noticed that it has wheat proteins in it.....duh. So, I'm hoping to salvage my hair.....I shampoo ( i know i know but I had hella build up......i'm new at this) with talliah wajjid (sp) black earth and applied some AO HSR condish.....put on a plastic cap and am now waiting for the results.......will keep you posted......oh my shipping time was great.....ordered sun.....delivered today (friday)

My hair turned out great. I used JC leave-in conditioner....nourish and shine.....and coc. oil....followed by curl definition with smooth and shine gel activator...I can't wait to use it next wk.

Plus you can also burn yourself from the hot water. Let it cool before you drain the water out.

Also, draining the water when you are done IS A MUST!! If not, it can rust inside and mess up your steamer. That almost happened to me but I was able to salvage it. THANK GOD because that is a lot of money!

Enjoy your steamer! I loves mine too!!!

I bought this steamer from them and received it last Friday. I used it Saturday and LOVED how my hair felt. I will certainly be using it weekly. The only thing is that the directions aren't very well written and there seem to be 2 on/off switches. I have to call the company and find out how they work. And whatever you do, don't unscrew the black, rubber cap that's screwed onto a silver thing on the side, when the chamber is filled with water. I figured out too late that this is how you drain any excess water. Other than that, enjoy!!

Well for me personally, I only use the steamer when my new growth starts getting a little out of hand. It really works to keep it moist.

But for the most part I use my Pibbs to DC until then.

The only thing I do not like about my steamer is that my face is wet the entire time.:lachen: I have to keep a wash cloth with me to keep wipeing my face! That is the only thing. Other then that I LOVE IT!!:grin:
So if you use the steamer for deep conditioning, wouldn't your pibbs or other dryer get a little jealous? :look:

Which steamer do you have? It seems like you can do a facial at the same time:grin:

Well for me personally, I only use the steamer when my new growth starts getting a little out of hand. It really works to keep it moist.

But for the most part I use my Pibbs to DC until then.

The only thing I do not like about my steamer is that my face is wet the entire time.:lachen: I have to keep a wash cloth with me to keep wipeing my face! That is the only thing. Other then that I LOVE IT!!:grin:

Back