My hair WON'T dry...

luvn_life

Literally yesterday I cowashed at 8:30 and my hair was still not dry at 10:20. Can anybody tell what I can do to make my hair dry faster?? Is it lacking something?? I just don't know. It makes co washing hard becasue I don't have time to be up all night waiting for my hair to dry... Also, my hair is SUPER fragile when its wet so that make thing really hard.

Please Help Me... Thanks in Advance:grin:

Rapunzel*

do you have a diffuser?
if not id turn the blow dryer on low and shake your hair softly from side to side.

hth(hope this helps)

fyb87

Literally yesterday I cowashed at 8:30 and my hair was still not dry at 10:20. Can anybody tell what I can do to make my hair dry faster?? Is it lacking something?? I just don't know. It makes co washing hard becasue I don't have time to be up all night waiting for my hair to dry... Also, my hair is SUPER fragile when its wet so that make thing really hard.

Please Help Me... Thanks in Advance:grin:

Sorry, I have no help for you. I will co-wash my hair at 6am and it isn't usually fully dry until 5pm. That's on a work day. If it's a Saturday and I'm in the sun doing lawn work or running errands it only takes a few hours.

so1913

How are you letting it dry? Is it loose or gathered up like a ponytail or bun? You may want to invest in a microfiber towel pat and wrap your head in it for a few minutes to absorb much of the water. You can also opt to stay in a room with a fan to speed up drying or use a blowdryer on cool setting if you are avoiding heat to help. Doing it in the morning vs. evening may also help when the temperature is warmer during the day time. However, looking at the length of your hair, airdrying will take some time, but these few things may help speed it up.

Jazzmommy

I tried airdrying with a bun and it took about 4 days to dry. I should have used a microfiber towel to remove some of the water plus I added gel, so it depends...

butterfly_wings

I heard microfibre towels don't do anything that normal towels don't it's just a con. Maybe try an ACV rinse to help close your cuticles?

knt1229

Hmm...are you over moisturized? Unless your hair is super duper thick it doesn't seem normal that it would that long to dry.

Also, you mentioned your hair was fragile when it's wet. You may need to add a protein treatment or protein conditioner to balance out all the moisture.

luvn_life

Sorry, I have no help for you. I will co-wash my hair at 6am and it isn't usually fully dry until 5pm. That's on a work day. If it's a Saturday and I'm in the sun doing lawn work or running errands it only takes a few hours.

Your hair is beautiful. I wouldnt care if it wouldn't dry and it looked like that. But i'm relaxed so I would look like a wet stringy mess.LoL

luvn_life

But also do you think it could be a porosity issue?? My last protein treatment was couple of weeks ago and I used Nexxus Emergencee so I didn't wanna overdo it on the protein.

so1913

I heard microfibre towels don't do anything that normal towels don't it's just a con. Maybe try an ACV rinse to help close your cuticles?

I can DEFINITELY tell the difference in how much water my microfibre towel absorbs vs a regular towel. Huge difference for me at least...

unalteredone

If i'm not mistaken, it sounds like her hair may not be very porous at all if it isn't drying. If the cuticle is closed it can hold in more moisture, when it is open it lets out moisture quickly (dries quickly). It may be a case of low porosity, not high porosity.

Last edited:

luvn_life

If i'm not mistaken, it sounds like her hair may not be very porous at all if it isn't drying. If the cuticle is closed it can hold in more moisture, when it is open it lets out moisture quickly (dries quickly). It may be a case of low porosity, not high porosity.

Is that a bad thing??

I can DEFINITELY tell the difference in how much water my microfibre towel absorbs vs a regular towel. Huge difference for me at least...

I agree. It's really quick and easy to blot excess water out of the hair with a microfiber towel before proceeding to style and airdry.

Patricia

Hmm...are you over moisturized? Unless your hair is super duper thick it doesn't seem normal that it would that long to dry.

Also, you mentioned your hair was fragile when it's wet. You may need to add a protein treatment or protein conditioner to balance out all the moisture.
I agree:yep::yep::yep: