Airdried Rollerset Won't Dry!!

asubeauty

Whenever I try to rollerset and airdry, my hair never dries!! I usually wash my hair at night and try to dry overnight, and in the morning, when it is not dry I walk around in rollers until 12 or 1 pm.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to make my rollerset dry faster? I'm in India, and my soft bonnet won't work because of the voltage converters, so right now, I can't use heat at all to help me dry.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried to do a search, but I came up with a gazillion threads that didn't answer my question. :lol:

balisi

asubeauty said:
Whenever I try to rollerset and airdry, my hair never dries!! I usually wash my hair at night and try to dry overnight, and in the morning, when it is not dry I walk around in rollers until 12 or 1 pm.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to make my rollerset dry faster? I'm in India, and my soft bonnet won't work because of the voltage converters, so right now, I can't use heat at all to help me dry.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried to do a search, but I came up with a gazillion threads that didn't answer my question. :lol:
The best advice I can offer is the use of Dry-fast or some setting lotion that cuts down on drying time. Or if you can get hold of a blow dryer, you can direct the air over your rollerset for at least 10-15 minutes.

blackbarbie

I was going to suggest just making sure you get most of the water out of your hair when you towel dry, putting your leave-ins and setting lotions in, but still squeezing out as much product as possible when you get ready to wrap around the roller. Basically, just making sure you hair is not sopping wet when you rollerset it. Try even just using some type of foam to wrap it instead of a liquid product....(Pantene makes a really good foam wrapping/setting agent).

HTH!

BB:)

Isis

I airdry in a rollerset overnight and it's only another hour or so before it's dry after awakening. I don't use any setting lotion, just my leave-in and a little oil to seal it in.

The only time I had this problem was when the weather had unusually high humidity combined with very high temperatures. My hair took forever to dry. Eventually, it did but it was like walking around in a hot, steamy mist, even inside.

KhandiB

Yeah, I wouldnt even try it... It takes my wet bantu knot sets about 2 days to totally dry without help..

Thats why I do it on dry hair :lol:

Good Luck!

Bees

If all the above fails...(in my best MaDear's voice) get in your car...roll the windows down and go for a short ride! :D Seriously tho...When I need to dry quick I use this method. I discovered this years ago when I was running late for an appointment. My hair wasn't dry and I didn't have time to sit under the dryer cuz I had to drop my daughter off at mom's house...which is about a 20 min drive on the freeway. I dropped my daughter off and headed back home and started feeling my hair to see how dry it was. To my surprise it was completely dry! I don't roll my hair up at nite anymore. My lazy arse gets up in the morning and roll my hair...take a shower...hop in my car (with my shameless self and proceed to work. I work about 20 min from home. When I get near...I remoce the rollers and comb my hair out in the parking lot. I know it's a shame to leave ome in rollers...but I do not care cuz I am not about to sleep on no rollers!

asubeauty

See the problem is that I'm in India... there's no bonnet dryers or setting lotion to be found. I brought Elasta QP setting foam, so that's all I have all summer long. Should I just give up on the rollersets and try another method?

kombov_dymond

Do you always rollerset your hair with the rollers going in the same direction? I was having the same problem, then I started parting my hair differently. It dries like it should now.

If that doesn't work, then you may want to try a Porosity Control product.

HTH

firecracker

I feel your pain. It can take two days for my hair to airdry in rollers or in a pony. Try Motions Foaming Wrap or Lottabody. They dried quickly on my thick bush when I used to rollersets regularly. Good luck.

sherann

My hair takes a long time to dry too. Since you don't have access to a dryer, do you have access to a fan? If so, rollerset about 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed and sit with the back of your hair facing the fan. If you like going to sleep with the fan on, that might work out even better.