My Itchy Scalp :(

joytimes10

My scalp is so itchy and it's just annoying. I am currently using Giovanni Tea Tree poo, Kenra MC DC, and Goivanni Deep Moisture Condish, or YTC Mud Condish on wash days. I massage my scalp 1x/wk with EVOO and coconut oil and I add both to my DC. I don't have any dandruff flakes, but my scalp itches much more than I'm comfortable with.

Please let me know what can help. Product suggests or other techniques are all wlecome. TIA

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Try aloe vera juice, it works wonderfully for my itchy scalp :yep:

Babylilac

Try aloe vera juice, it works wonderfully for my itchy scalp :yep:

I am struggling with itchness as well.Tiffers how do you use aloe vera ?as a spritz or mixed with oil?help a newbie out.I do not have dandruff either and the itchness is crazy.I have tried mixing peppermint,rosemary oil,EVOO,lavender and avocado oil.It helps but peppermint oil can be overpowering at times.Aloe vera sounds good

joytimes10

I am struggling with itchness as well.Tiffers how do you use aloe vera ?as a spritz or mixed with oil?help a newbie out.I do not have dandruff either and the itchness is crazy.I have tried mixing peppermint,rosemary oil,EVOO,lavender and avocado oil.It helps but peppermint oil can be overpowering at times.Aloe vera sounds good

The oil mix you're using sounds good. I may try it too. But I need something today!

blasiancurlie

I wonder if it's the Giovanni...cause I started using Giovanni condish and my scalp was so itchy. I just finished the bottle yesterday and will not repurchase again! My scalp never itched like that before! If it is the Giovanni, I wonder what's in that stuff that might be causing it?

Or maybe it's just coincidence that we both used Giovanni and have a itchy scalp.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
^I have it in a pointy tip bottle from Sally's. I apply it straight to my scalp and massage it in :lick:

I mix aloe juice with castor oil (in a pointy tip bottle) and apply it to my edges

It's soooo soothing

Babylilac

The oil mix you're using sounds good. I may try it too. But I need something today!

The mixture works ,when you have time you can boil rosemary herbs leave them for a day or two them mix the tea and the other oils. Use as a spritz.I hope you will find something that works today .

productjunkie814

This happens to me too after a few days in twists...it gets so annoying sometimes, lol. I spritz my hair with braid spray...it alleviates it somewhat. I wish it smelled better though :ohwell:

SimpleKomplexity

I like the Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp line. I have it in my head now! I really think it's the peppermint that stimulates my scalp that helps to ease the itchiness though

Lady S

Could you be allergic to one of the products? Try doing an allergy test by putting a dab of your products on your arm and see what happens.

rosalindb

My scalp is so itchy and it's just annoying. I am currently using Giovanni Tea Tree poo, Kenra MC DC, and Goivanni Deep Moisture Condish, or YTC Mud Condish on wash days. I massage my scalp 1x/wk with EVOO and coconut oil and I add both to my DC. I don't have any dandruff flakes, but my scalp itches much more than I'm comfortable with.

Please let me know what can help. Product suggests or other techniques are all wlecome. TIA

Does your scalp always itch or has it only been itching recently?

Also have you tried an ACV rinse? You can also add essential oils of lavender and tea tree oil to it.

Last edited:

lashannasmall

How often do you wash your hair? I find that as long as I wash my hair frequently, I don't experiance any dry scalp. I wash like 2 times per week

joytimes10

I'm reporting back. I washed yesterday w/ Goivanni Tea tree and did an Aphoghee 2 min treat, finished off with Giovanni Deep Moisture condish. I spritz my scalp with aloe vera juice and rubbed in some tea tree and EVOO mixed 60:40. My scalp is not itching as much today. I believe I need an applicator bottle to get more of the AV juice on my scalp.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Your advice really helped.

spencd

bumping. I have peppermint oil at home. Should I just part my hair and apply? I just washed today and it helped only a little bit. This just happened over the last week. I have not changed products and used my Nexxus line. Theraphee poo and Humectress. I used to have the Kera care itchy conditioner but did not like it b/c I thought it dried my hair. Perhaps the poo is better. I went to the store to see if Nexxus had some but local bs did not. I will check CVS. What poo do you recommend hopefully not expensive although both Keracare and Nexxus are? I was looking for something cheaper to be honest.

Platinum

bumping. I have peppermint oil at home. Should I just part my hair and apply? I just washed today and it helped only a little bit. This just happened over the last week. I have not changed products and used my Nexxus line. Theraphee poo and Humectress. I used to have the Kera care itchy conditioner but did not like it b/c I thought it dried my hair. Perhaps the poo is better. I went to the store to see if Nexxus had some but local bs did not. I will check CVS. What poo do you recommend hopefully not expensive although both Keracare and Nexxus are? I was looking for something cheaper to be honest.

You should mix the peppermint oil with a carrier oil (Olive, castor, grapeseed oil, etc). Don't use peepermint oil on it's own. It's super concentrated and will give you headaches if you don't mix it.

I can't answer your other questions.

tash85

I love peppermint oil. When my scalp gets itchy I massage a mix of peppermint, grapeseed and castor oil into it. The peppermint feels so soothing, kind of airy; gets rid of those itches straight away.